28.3.12

Wednesday 3/28/12 - Greg Drops Off Things To Sell

Wednesday - 3/28/12

This is one of those days when I'm trying to do everything.  It's 4am.  I meant to sleep later.  I can't sleep though.  My mind keeps going over everything I have to do.  I might as well get up!

I've got a few people coming over this morning to look at the vacant apartment.  Also, Greg's coming over to talk about having me sell some things of his Mom's on eBay.

I think the most important thing right now is to have rental packets ready for the vacant apartment.  Off to work on those!

Now, I'm doing the dishes and working on picking up the place.  With being gone longer each day I've had trouble keeping the place clean and picked up.  It seems like I'm generally home long enough to mess it up, then I fall asleep or have to leave again.  Greg knows me so I suppose it's not a big deal, but I want the place to look nice when people come over.

The first set of people are here to look at the vacant apartment.  It's a lovely, sunny day out.  I'm enjoying the break and the sunshine while I walk them around.

Greg's here.  His arms are full.  One of the prospective tenants is here too.  I give Greg a quick hello, and let him into the apartment.  He says he has more things to bring in.  He'll do that while I show the vacant apartment to these people.

Back at my apartment.  Greg's there on the couch, doing something on his phone.  There's a pile of clothes in dry-cleaner's bags on the arm of the couch, right where I'd just picked a pile of eBay clothes up from!  How funny!  He's got a box of fine china with him too.  He shows me the china and some of the clothes and tells me the stories behind them, how his father bought them for his Mother.  Now, she's in an assisted living facility and they are selling the things to help with finances.  I'll get a percentage when the things sell, which will help.  Internally, I'm questioning his judgement bringing them to me.  I've been blogging about the fact that I've had trouble doing eBay with this new schedule, and being gone so much.  On the other hand, I'm glad he trusts me to do a good job and I think this will give me the push forward to get my eBay store moving again!

He asks me if I want to go to lunch.  I tell him I'm on a tight budget and can only go if he buys.  So, I'll understand if he doesn't want to.  I also offer any of the coupons from the entertainment book.  He says that's fine.  He'll buy as long as we don't go someplace expensive.

We're going to go to Ashoka in Artesia.  They have a coupon in the book.  He's driving us there in his convertible with the top down.  This feels like luxury!

Greg dropped me off at my place.  It's time for me to leave for Avalon.  I'm glad I have the truck!  It's great to have to save less time for the commute!  I grab my laptop.  I'm taking it with me so I can finish some reports while I'm there.  Off to work!

I'm home now, working on the computer for Prakriti.  I'm taking it to her tomorrow evening.  I want it totally set up before I take it to her.  I know she'll have an easier time with the changes if everything's set up and perfect before she gets it.   There's still so much to do!  There won't be time to work on it in the morning before I go.  I have to leave for babysitting at 5:30am.   My plan was to go straight from there to Prakriti's.  I'm so tired.  I'm going to have to go to bed.  I try not to take work with me when I'm watching the kids.  That's their time.  I may have to make an exception tomorrow and work on the computer while I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment