25.3.12

Sunday - 3/25/12 - Last Talk Of the Series

Sunday - 3/25/12

Today is my last talk in the series.  I'd been planning on spending all day refreshing the material in my mind, and creating class notes.  Now, I also need to work on the computer for Prakriti!  Yesterday I told her I'd call today, and let her know about the transcription program.  I know her, she'll worry until I call.

I've been running around all morning, torn between trying to do notes for the class, and working on the computer.  I've finally settled on re-listening to this part of the original class, while working on the computer.  I'll feel better once I've been able to call and tell her how the program works.

I was going to return Charles' truck today.  I've decided that's silly.  I'm trying to do too much!  To top it off, it's raining!  With so much going on, I could use the extra time I get from driving.  I'll wait and return it Wednesday morning.  He'll be OK with that.

I text Tracye and let her know I'll have the truck on Tuesday so won't be doing a sleep-over Monday night.  That'll buy me some extra time today and time both Monday and Tuesday nights if I need it.

I know Prakriti needs the computer as soon as possible.   I'm still toying with the idea of trying to get it to her today.  I don't think it's possible.  There's too much to do.  Tuesday night would be better, if she's available.

The transcription program is loaded and tested!  I think it'll work for her!  I called her and we went over how it works and how she normally uses the transcriber.  I think it relieved some of her worries.  We were on the phone for two hours!  Once we'd been on the phone for so long, I crossed off the idea of delivering it today.  There wouldn't be enough time.  Prakriti wasn't available Monday or Tuesday night.  We set up a time for me to deliver it Thursday night after babysitting, and we have a second time set up for Saturday before I go to work.  I'm hoping Charles will let me borrow the truck for the rest of the week.

I call him and explain the situation.  He says he is OK with me keeping the truck through next weekend!  I'm breathing a sigh of relief!  That makes everything a lot more doable!

I text Tracye and let her know I'll have the truck on Thursday too so won't do a sleep over Wednesday night either.

Now, finally, back to reviewing the material for my talk!

Class is over.  I think it went well.  I'm home.  It's so nice to be able to drive home!

I'm exhausted and want to sleep.  I still have weekly reports to do.  The big thing in my mind is making sure I know everything I need to buy for Prakriti's computer.  My week is totally booked.  Any trip to the store needs to be tomorrow.

Shopping list complete.  I need a computer mouse, a longer cord for her to use with her earbuds, and I'd like to look into wireless headphones for her too.  I'm too tired to do the reports tonight.  I'll do them in the morning before I go to yoga.  Time for sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment