20.3.12

Going to Home Depot - 3/20/2012

Tuesday - 3/20/2012

Today's my day home.  I'm so glad to be here!

My garbage disposal broke a few days ago.  I'm having one of our maintenance people over to fix it.
I'm looking forward to it working again!

I'm cleaning out the area underneath the sink.  The maintenance person will want access.  The disposal was leaking underneath and I hadn't known it!  Just by accident there was a bucket sitting right under the disposal.  It has about 4 inches of water in it.  Unfortunately, it also has some cleaning supplies and rags in it.  I don't know how long it's been leaking.  The things in the bucket are moldy!  I'm so glad I found it!  I don't like mold anywhere!  Off to lay everything out to dry!

George is here working on the disposal.  It needs replaced.  He brought a replacement with him, but one of the pipes is bad.  He needs to go to Home Depot.  He doesn't have an expense account with the company yet, as he's our newest maintenance person, but I do.  I need to go with him to make the purchase.  So, much for staying home the whole day!

We've done this before with George driving me to Home Depot.  He doesn't know that my car isn't working, it just makes sense to ride together.

On the way, we pass a farmer's market.  I'd thought it was a lot farther down Alondra than it is!  It's a little past where I catch the 62 bus!  I've never been to this one.  I've been wanting to check it out, and hesitant to go because of the distance.  Now, I'm thinking I might go after George leaves!  It'd be nice to go, just to check out what's there and see if they have any organics!

Wow!  It's around 12:30 and George is finally done and leaving!  That took hours!

I found out this morning that my friend, Toni died.  She's been doing badly for a while.  This was a blessing.  It's still hard for me, though.  Earlier, when George showed up I was glad to have his company, someone to talk to.  Now, I want time alone.  I'm so glad he's leaving!  I want to be alone for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment