12.3.12

The Day Seems Hard - 3/12/12

Monday Evening - 3/12/12

I'm ready to be home.  I'm tired.  It's been a long day.  I haven't seen my place since yesterday.  I'm definitely leaving the office on time!  All I can think of is being home!

Here at the bus stop, there's this gentleman dressed in worn camo pants.  He's the right age to be a Vietnam vet.  He's drunk and talking about how people now days don't knowing anything, asking everyone if they have a gun.  People here are ignoring him and looking uncomfortable.  Fortunately, most of his time is spent rubbing the shoulders of a 50-ish lady in a wheelchair.  He's doing all the talking.  It sounds like they know each other, but didn't come to the bus stop together.  I'm waiting for the 43 bus.  It should be here any minute.  

The 47 bus comes.  A few people get on.  The driver comes out to ask the couple if they are getting on the bus.  I was hoping they would, but they didn't.  My bus is late.

Now, the 55 is here.  Once again, the driver gets out of his seat to ask the lady in the wheelchair if she wants to get on the bus.  They turn him down.  They must be waiting for the 43 too.

Finally, the 43 comes!  I'm thrilled!  The funny thing is that the lady in the wheelchair and her friend don't get on this bus either.  There are only three buses that come to this stop.  They let all three pass without getting on.  Maybe they just use this as a meeting place?

The bus is so late.  I'm hoping we'll make up time as we go.

I should know better.  Late buses pick up people that are early for the next bus.  More people on and off means a longer ride.

We're at Disneyland.  The 43 took too long.  I've missed the connecting bus.  There isn't anything to do but sit and wait.  It's cold.  I'm tired and grumpy.  I want to be home!

Finally, I'm home!  I just threw everything down inside the door!  I don't ever want to do that again!  Never again take the bus, maybe never again go out of the house!


No comments:

Post a Comment