30.3.12

Friday - 3/30/12 - Free Lunch!

Friday - 3/30/12

I didn't sleep well last night.  I was too wired from installing Prakriti's computer.  So, it was nice to have a little extra sleep this morning.  It's really nice having the convenience of a vehicle when you're tired.

I'm packing everything I need for today.  Last night, before I went to sleep, while I was waiting for my food to cook, I tried on different outfits.  The event I'm working tonight isn't requiring our normal "black and white business" clothes.  It's a Men's poker night.  Eileen said we could have fun with our outfits.  When I think of Men playing poker I think of Women in short outfits with kind of poofy skirts waiting on them, the classic cocktail waitress dress.  I've got a dress I always thought looked like a cocktail waitress dress, except for the fact that it's black velvet.  I'm planning on wearing that.  I'm not sure they want to see a grandma all dressed up though.  I'm just getting used to the fact that others don't think of me / see me as 20 any more.  So, I acknowledge they might prefer to see a 20 year old wearing the dress.  I've got really good legs though and a good body and I like to dress up.  So, why not grab the chance and show off a little?!  I'm taking a couple of other options for outfits just in case my outfit looks out of place or anyone objects.  I really want to wear this dress though.  I hope it works out!

I've got my laptop too.  Whenever I have  a vehicle it's hard for me to leave my laptop behind.  I like to take it with me "just in case" I need it.  I doubt if I'll need it today, but I might want to use it in-between yoga class and Avalon.  So, here it is, coming with me.

A couple of my regular early morning students had told me they might not be here today.  So, I wasn't expecting much turn out.  I had 7 students in the first class and 4 in the second.  I'm thrilled!

Yoga class is over and I'm checking email.  I have an email from Groupon saying they'll give me $10 toward any Groupon Now, but I have to use it before the end of the month, which is tomorrow.  I wonder if they have any food coupons?  I'm hungry.

While I'm checking the Groupon Now page, Eileen calls.  She had a question about food for tonight.  She's going to bring a salad for me from Trader Joe's and wanted to make sure I could eat it.  She's so great about making sure I get fed!  While I have her on the phone I ask her about the cocktail waitress dress, and the fact that I'm a grandma and maybe guys don't want to see a grandma dressed that way.  She says to go for it, that we're just having fun tonight.  I'm thrilled!  I get to dress up!

I've found a Groupon Now for China Wok.  I know I like them.  I've never been to their restaurant, but I've gotten delivery from them and the food's good.  The Groupon is $10 for $20 of food.  I'll get it for free!  How cool!  A free lunch!  I purchase it, print it and head off!

Now the question is: should I recycle, or eat first?  I'm afraid if I take the recycling first I might not have time to eat.  I'm also afraid if I eat first I might not have time to recycle, and I'm very tired of carting all this recycling around with me!  It's been in the truck since last Friday!

I've decided to do the recycling and goodwill drop first.

I rearrange things in the truck so I can get the goodwill things out easily, then go drop them off and head over to the recycling center.

The recycling place is busy, but they take me quickly.  I love this one (on the Orange Coast College Campus) for just that reason.  They're always helpful and always quick.  I've never had to wait long.  Here at the recycling center they have some book shelves set up with books for borrowing / trading.  I pick up a couple.  This one is about open gardens.  I'd love to go around visiting people's gardens.  That would be terrific!  I definitely want to read this!

The Groupon had said you had to eat at the restaurant, but they're pretty full.  The Lady is telling me I can have the food to go if I want.  That's great!  I'll definitely make it to Avalon on time!  She wants me to order something else to bring the total up.  I haven't spent the full $20 with my order.  She says the egg rolls are vegetarian and don't have egg in them.  So, I order those.  I ended up spending $7, between tip and the little bit that went over $20.  It's well worth it!  I have enough food for at least two meals!

My plan for this evening is to work a short day at Avalon, make sure everything is taken care of, then change and head over to the event.  Thank goodness it isn't far from Avalon.  That makes every thing easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment