2.3.12

Overslept!! - 3/2/12

Friday - 3/2/12

I woke up at 2:06 this morning.  It wasn't much. I just woke up, checked the clock, and went back to bed.  I didn't have to be up for another hour.

This time, it seems late, which starts thoughts of panic.  I look over at the clock and it says 4:42.  My brain isn't processing.  I know though that it's after the time I should have left for the bus.  I think I've missed both buses.  Now, I'm panicked!

With all the backup plans I've made and all the possible backup rides I have, I never thought about what happens if I totally miss the bus down to orange county!  I might be able to call Charles and get him to give me a ride down, but I can't always reach him.  So, it definitely isn't a sure thing.  I could call another teacher and have them teach my first class.  I don't want to do that.  I'm the teacher and I want to be there.  I suppose I might be able to rent a car if I could find a rental place that's open this early.  While all this is going on in my brain, I pull up Google maps on the computer to see what it says.

Google tells me I haven't missed the second bus yet!  It says I have eight minutes to get dressed, get my stuff and get out of the apartment!  I'm so glad for a chance to make it!  I don't bother with much, just the bare basics: brush teeth and hair, grab clothes, phone, and iPod.  I grab a small container of steamed veggies from the fridge for lunch, and stuff it into my almost empty backpack.  I emptied the backpack last night and didn't repack it.  I was planning on doing that this morning.  No time for that now!  I got around so fast I have to take a moment at the door to think if there's anything absolutely essential that i'm leaving behind.  I can't think of anything and in the end, I'm the main essential since I need to be at yoga class.  I take off.  I think I actually left in eight minutes!  I don't want to take chances, though.  I'm pushing myself to go fast all the way, while thoughts of what to do if I don't make it run through my mind.

I'm on the bus!   Yay!  I'm so grateful and happy!  I know I'll have another push at the other side, but I'll be able to get to the Yoga Center on time!  One thing I'm noticing is that even though I had been tense, once I got on the bus I relaxed.  There isn't anything I can control here.  If I'd been driving a car and had left late due to oversleeping, I would have been tense all the way down: hoping to shave a minute or two off the time, hoping that there aren't any traffic jams.  Interesting difference.

I finally got a chance to check on my ipod to see why it didn't wake me up.  It looks like the battery died.  Possibly I didn't have it firmly in the cradle.  I'll have to double check right before I go to bed from now on.

I managed to get to the Yoga Center a whole four minutes before class time!  Yay!  I'm thrilled!  What a great outcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment