23.3.12

Friday - 3/23/12 - Enjoying My Old Routine!

Friday  - 3/23/12

I don't have a financial reason to drive the truck today.  I've been missing spending Friday nights with my friend D.D..  I feel like she got the raw end of the deal.  We often used to spend Friday nights having dinner and watching shows at her place.  I can't do that any more.  I'd be leaving there too late to be comfortable taking the bus home.

I feel guilty about taking the truck today.  My job for tomorrow night was canceled.  That job was how I had justified (in my mind) spending the gas money today.  I keep going back and forth about what to do.  I've already made arrangements with D.D., though.  It definitely doesn't seem fair to cancel, and I want to go.  So, I'm just going to eat the gas money!  I need to do recycling too, and take things to goodwill.  Those things have been stacking up.  If I can get everything loaded into the truck before I leave, I should manage that.  So, that's a plus!

I don't have experience tying things down in the truck bed, and I haven't left myself much time to load the recycling, goodwill items and dead batteries.  Instead of putting everything in the truck bed, where it belongs, I'm putting everything into the cab to try and save time, except for the large bucket of dead batteries.  I'm sure that won't blow away!  I'm even bringing my laptop, just in case I have time to work on things!  I've missed being able to take my laptop everywhere!

The cab looks totally full with bags of empty water bottles.  I move everything around so I can see out of all the windows.  It's still not comfortable.  A few of the bags came open when I moved things.  I'm going to have to gather up plastic bottles when I get to the recycling center!

Yoga was great!  All I want to do now is what I used to do, bring my laptop into the Yoga Center, plug it in and use it here, at the desk, in the comfort and lovely energy of the center.  I decide to do that for awhile and then I'll leave early so I can do the recycling and drop off the goodwill items.

Oops!  How did that happen!  It's time to go to Avalon!  I missed my window to do recycling!  There isn't anything to do now, except pack up and go to work!

Loading my laptop back into the truck cab, I wish I'd gotten myself to do the recycling.  I don't want to unload everything out of the truck.  That seems silly!  My next chance to do recycling down here won't be until Monday and that would be extra driving and extra gas money and extra driving with all this stuff in the cab!  Maybe I'll look for a recycling center in Norwalk and go there on Saturday.

At D.D.'s I'm enjoying sitting in my normal place on the floor, being fed a lovely meal which includes this really large, wonderful green salad.  We're watching Foyle's War tonight.  I love that series!  They do a great job of conveying the mixed emotions and situations that were going on at that time in the war.

At home, I'm happy and comfortable.  It was nice to have a day of my old routine.  I really enjoyed it.  Time for bed and happy dreams now.

No comments:

Post a Comment