10.3.12

A New Path - 3/10/12

Saturday -  3/10/12

Rose and I are going to the expo again today.  I'm excited!   I've sorted and cut down on the things I'm taking.  No need to stop by Avalon first today.

Google isn't giving it as an option, so I can't compare, but I'm thinking of getting off on Fair Avenue and scootering down that road to Roses'.  I haven't done that before.  It would make a nice change of pace.

Across from me on the bus is a clean-cut 50-ish gentleman.  He's having a fairly animated, intelligent conversation about the economy and the trade deficit. The thing is that there isn't anyone there for him to talk to.  He doesn't have a phone headset on either.  His conversation is so intelligent, I keep looking for the hidden phone headset, but it isn't there.

I'm dozing, sill riding on the bus, when I realize we're close to Fair.  I always get off after this.  So, I forgot to watch for it!  I managed to get off, but now that I'm off I can't see Fair drive and I'm totally confused.  Did I get off at the wrong stop?

Fortunately, the Hispanic gentleman who also got off, pointed me in the right direction.  The bus had been blocking my view of the other street!   How funny!

I'm enjoying the scooter ride down Fair Avenue.  It's a lovely, sunny day.  The foliage around here is beautiful.  The city planners did a good job here.  It makes the scooter trip a lot more fun!  I'm going to make a point of trying to take this route occasionally.

I'm at Roses' a whole half hour early!  What a difference from yesterday when I was running late the whole way!  I don't feel like bothering her this early, and it's a lovely day.  She has a small park close to her apartment.  I decide to stop there for awhile.  I find the one and only picnic table, set my stuff down on it, re-organize my things, and take off my socks and jacket.  Now to do a few yoga postures here on the grass in my bare feet.  What a wonderful way to start the day!

It's closer to time now.  I gather my stuff, go to Roses, change out of my insulated clothing and we are off for a day of fun!

Tonight, Rose will drop me off back at Avalon, where I'll leave any fliers and items I've acquired.  After that, I'll head out to my normal bus stop for the trip home!

No comments:

Post a Comment