16.3.12

Watched THREE Buses Pull Off Without Me! - 3/16/12

Friday Morning - 3/16/12

I'm awake.  Why am I awake?  It's an hour before I need to get up.  Rolling over and going back to sleep.

The clock says it's almost time to get up.  Wait, it seems too sunny outside.  That can't be right!  Something's wrong!  Shoot!  I just got up and checked the clock on my laptop and it's an hour later than I thought!  I must not have changed the clock next to my bed after the time change!  I'm supposed to be leaving right now!  Arrrgggg!!

I frantically rush around putting on clothes and grabbing what I can.  I'm leaving most things behind, including my lunch.  I need to start pre-packing things the night before.  It would have really helped if I'd done that last night.

Which bus stop do I go to?  The bus comes first to my regular one.  Then, there's the alternate stop.  It's farther away, with part of the way not having sidewalks.  That stop is later on the route, though.  I may have a better chance of catching the bus if I go there.  I did have success going there earlier this week.  I guess I'll try for it.

I'm rushing as fast as I can.  I'm a block away, too far to flag it down, when I see the bus pull up to the stop.  I guess I can stop rushing now.  Thank goodness I can still make it to the Yoga Center using the next bus.  I don't like to get there that late, but on time is better than not showing up!

This second bus is always fuller, more packed than the first one.  I have to ride standing for awhile, until someone who's sitting gets off.

I just got off at the Disneyland transfer point.  The 43, the next bus I need to take is parked in front of us.  What a blessing!  I'm walking up to the front of the bus to get on.  It closes it's doors and starts to leave!  I try banging on the side of the bus.  Sometimes they will let you on if they notice you, but it doesn't stop.  It just keeps going.

I sit down for the long wait for the next bus.  I'm still "on time," but I wish I would have caught that bus.  I always have to skip the last bus of the trip when I'm taking the later route.  I can get to the Yoga Center faster (and thus just barely on time) by riding the 43 to Newport Blvd and then using the scooter for the mile from there to the Yoga Center.  I'm not looking forward to rushing that mile, though.

I'm off the bus now and heading toward the Yoga Center.  I've got a plan / thought / debate going on in my head.  I can go to the first stop I pass on 17th street and text OCTA to see when the 55 is scheduled to come.  If there's a bus going by soon, it could get me to the Yoga Center faster.

That ends the debate.  I'm waiting to cross the street to the bus stop when the bus pulls up lets people on and off and drives on.  Scooter is the only way to go now!

With all that's gone on today, waking up an hour late and watching three buses pull away without me, I'm still on time for class!  Just barely, but on time!  How wonderful!  God definitely watches out for me!

After class, Toni's husband drops by with some yoga things of hers he didn't know what to do with.  Toni is dying of alzheimers.  It tears my heart up.  I tell him I'll find homes for everything.  After he leaves, when I look through the box, there's a small version of the Bhagavad Gita.  I've been wanting to read that and to have a small copy I could read on the bus.  Funny that part of saying goodbye to Toni is getting this present from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment