1.3.12

An Extra Day At Home! - 3/1/12

Thursday   - 3/1/12

Wow.  A day at home I hadn't planned on!  This feels awesome!
I'm going to miss the grandkids, but I love being home too!
I'm wandering around, getting a few things done, dancing to the music playing on my stereo.

A few days ago an old love of mine contacted me through linked-in.  He just wanted to check in and see how my life went.  Our conversations have brought up all kinds of memories and feelings from the past.  It's hard to get anything done today.  I seem to be stuck in thinking about what was.  It's interesting to think about who I was then, compared to now.  In some ways, I'm so very different.  In other ways I'm still that same person.

Getting ready for bed now.  It's 11:30. Morning is going to come way too soon.  I did take pictures of some eBay items, signed a lease with a new tenant, cooked kidney beans, baked bread, did some dishes, and  gave myself some time off to play games.  Mostly, I think I spent the day thinking about the past and the present....  words said and not said...  options taken and not taken.

My ipod (which is still set on random) has been playing a collection of old songs, sad songs and love songs.  I think it's funny how the random that apple does on the ipod often mirrors where my mind is.

It's cold tonight.  I'm not looking forward to the trip to the bus stop in the morning, but at least it's not going to rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment