17.3.12

Went To The Home Show - 3/17/12

Saturday - 3/17/12

Why am I going to the home show?  Why am I going on a bus again?  Why am I riding a bus on Saturday?  With rain coming?!  Right now, I'm not thrilled with going.  Last night was pretty traumatic for me.  Plus, I just got up and it's time to leave again.  I miss being home.

I know I'll enjoy the show when I get there, and I do like spending time with Mary.  I guess the timing is just bad.

It's not raining here yet, but it's supposed to rain.  I was going to meet Mary at the little park opposite the OC fair grounds.  I was looking forward to scootering down fair drive again.  That was a lovely trip.  Yesterday I changed it to having her meet me at Avalon.  I didn't want to chance waiting outside in the rain.

I'm debating wearing my rain clothes or packing them and taking them with me.  I guess I'm going to wear them.  That way if I get caught in the rain anywhere I'm already covered.  I put on my heavy duty rain pants, my regular jacket and my light duty rain jacket over that.  I even grab my winter gloves.  They're the only gloves I have that are rain proof.  It's way overkill as they were made for snow, but they keep my hands warm and dry!  I decided against my rain boots and am putting on my new tennis shoes.  I might regret that later, but we'll be walking around inside the home show and tennis shoes are better for that.  The one thing I'm missing is my rain hat.  I still haven't found it!  At this rate, I'll find it right as I'm done with the year of riding the bus!  It's frustrating!

I've finally gotten myself out of the apartment and to the bus stop.  I think I might have missed the bus.  I'm not going to worry about it.  I'm going to sit here and meditate until the bus comes and it will come when it comes!

I had missed the first bus.  I'm on the 2nd bus.  I'm debating texting Mary to tell her I'm running late.  I decide to wait until I'm on the next bus.  Sometimes I can catch an earlier bus than Google Maps is showing.  If so, I could still get to Avalon right on time.  I don't want to text her until I know I'm late.

We just drove through this little patch of rain.  If that's all the rain there is, it might have been silly for me to wear my rain gear.  At least I can strip all of it off when I get to Avalon.

I'm on the 43 now.  There wasn't an earlier one and there is lots of rain.  I text Mary that I'm running late and ask her to meet me at the 99 cent store instead.  That's right across the street from the bus stop.  It will save me the trip to Avalon in the rain and will get us off on our adventures sooner!

It's pouring at the bus stop.  I see Mary's car pull into the parking lot as I'm scootering across the street in the rain.  She was surprised to see me knocking on her car window!  She didn't see me come up. She must have been looking the other way.  My rain jacket is a very visible bright yellow!

It's raining so much I've decided not to take off my rain clothes until we got into the home show.  I'm going to carry a bag in with me, put the wet rain clothes in the bag and walk around dry as can be!

It's a smaller show than we expected.  Most of the vendors are frustrated with it being a small show and with it being on St. Patrick's day.  With all that and the rain, I feel sorry for them.  I like talking to people about the new products, but I'm not looking for anything.  Mary's researching things for the new house she might get.

There are some people selling hats here.  We visit them last.  I've had my eye on them while we've visited the other booths.  I'm tired of living without a sun or rain hat.  We recognize the couple running the booth.  They sell at the OC fair.  The husband is very, very pushy.  He almost drives me away.  The wife is nice though.  I tell him he's too pushy and I want him to go away.  He had to push a couple more times before he went away.  He obviously isn't in tune with what this customer wants!  He finally walked away to focus on other ladies.  Thank goodness!  Mary and I get on to the business of trying on hats.  I'm determined not to buy a hat like the one I already have.  I still think I'll find it.

The hat I pick is a sun hat.  It will easily fold up into the backpack, has an adjustable band so it will stay on while scootering and looks decent on me.  It's dark, forest green underneath, a color that goes well with my skin tone.  It's more money than I want to spend ($30.)  I go back and try on all the hats again.  This is the only one I like that's practical for scootering.  I guess I'll bite the bullet and get it.  I do need a sun hat.  Here are pictures of it.




After the home show Mary drives us to Avalon.  We're going to dinner after this, then she's going to drive me home.  I've had some groceries and things stored at Avalon to take home when I could.  That's all going home with us today!  I've got the orange county entertainment book here too.  I want to try out some place new for dinner and having a coupon is always a good thing!

We end up going to a place called Big Chopsticks.  We had to drive around a lot to find it.  It's a little shop with poor signage.  The place is empty.  We're wondering if this was a good choice.  We sit and order.  All the time we're waiting for our meal, people are coming in to pick up take out orders.  It's a very busy place!  The food is excellent!  Yay!  Another good choice!  Since I provided the 1/2 off coupon, Mary buys the meal.  That's nice of her!

At my place now, we're playing cribbage.  Mary taught me how to play last year.  She still has to remind me about the rules.  She doesn't seem to mind though.  It's been a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment