14.3.12

Sometimes Things Work Anyway - 3/14/12

Wednesday -  3/14/12

I'm getting ready for work.  I feel like I didn't have time at home at all.  I know it was a day and a half, but it doesn't feel like it!

At least this morning I'm catching the 128 bus to take me to the 460.  The stop for the 128 is about a block from my apartment.  That's a big difference from the 1.1 miles to the stop for the 460!  Too bad it doesn't run early in the morning!

I can't seem to get myself together today.  First, I forgot to bring my lunch, then water, now, I'm looking for my ear buds.  It's getting really late!  I'm going to have to take off without them!

I'm at the bus stop.  I might be late.  I'm not sure.  I don't see a bus in either direction.  I'm not sure what to do.  I guess I'll wait for awhile.  If I'm wrong, I'll miss the 460, there won't be time to get there by scooter.

Still no bus.  I'm debating.  I don't think there's any way I can get to the stop in time.  This is the awkward route.  There aren't sidewalks all the way.  If the 128 is just running late, catching it would be my best bet.  It won't pick me up unless I'm at an official stop.  So, I'd have to stay here.  I really think I missed the bus.  I decide to head to the 460.  If the 128 passes me, I'll know it was a bad decision.

I'm going as fast as I can, just in case I can make it.  I'm wishing I'd gotten the new A3 scooter I've been drooling at, it's supposed to be faster (bigger wheels.)

Here's a spot without a sidewalk, I knew it was coming.  I have to decide what to do.  I start out walking on the grass, carrying the scooter.  I'll never get there in time this way.  There isn't much traffic on the road, and it's two lanes so people driving up could easily see and avoid me.  I decide to ride the scooter on the edge of the road until the sidewalk starts up again.    The road is rough.  Not easy to ride a scooter on.  I'm still making better time than I would walking.

Finally, there's sidewalk again!   I hear a noise behind me.  It sounds like a bus.  I must have been wrong to head off!  The 128 was late!

Nothing like letting my mind run away with me!  The truck that sounded like a bus just passed me.  It definitely wasn't the 128.

I'm to the bus stop!  No buses passed me on the way here.  I did make the right decision!  Now, to see if my some miracle I'm here in time.  I'm just starting to look at the time when the 460 pulls up to the stop light across the street.  I'm in time!  How amazing!  Wonderful!

It was worth leaving without the ear buds to get to the stop on time, but here on the bus I'm missing my music.  It's going to be a long bus riding day without music or audio books.

Wow!  Right off the 460 and the 43 (my next bus) is here!  I'm assuming it's running a little late, I can't normally catch it that fast!  Cool!

Riding on the 43, I'm debating what to do with the extra time.  Catching the 43 early will give me an extra 20 minutes before work.  I could go to Home Depot and pick up the light bulbs I've been needing, or stop at Mother's Market and pick up a few groceries...  I've just remembered that there is a 99 cent store next to the stop I use for work!  I wonder if they would have any ear buds?  If so, that would make the ride home a lot nicer!

The 99 cent store doesn't seem to have ear buds, but they do have a cheap set of headphones.  I'm going to get them!  It will do for the ride today!

How cool!  With all the things that could have gone wrong today, I'm to work on time and with a new 99 cent pair of headphones!

No comments:

Post a Comment