5.3.12

It Can Be Too Heavy! - 3/5/12

Monday - 3/5/12

I have reports due on Monday mornings, and have to leave around 4:20 to make the bus.  Normally I do part of the reports on Sunday.  Yesterday I was so focused on preparing for my talk, I didn't do that.  I've got a lot to do before I leave!  I've separated everything into groups.  I have a deposit to make too, which isn't prepped.  I'm going to take that with me and get it all together after yoga class.  There are a couple of other things I was able to put off till later in the day.  I'm pretty proud of myself for realizing that, rather than trying to do everything now.

I thought I'd finished everything that had to be finished, went to shut down my computer and saw that I have a window open with the rent roll.  I never sent that in (or finished it)!  That needs to happen!  I decide to do it, even though it means I might miss the first bus and have to take the second one.  I'll still get to yoga class on time (well, just barely) and its important that I get this done.

Finally, that's done!  I put on my jacket, grab my backpack, podbelt (my purse hangs on a belt) and scooter and leave.  I'm pretty sure that I have missed the first bus, but the timing is close.  So, I might make it.

I'm at the bus stop and reaching for the button that signals the bus, when the bus shows up!  What timing!  Wow!  I couldn't have planned that.  I'm thrilled!  I got everything done and still made the first bus!

Yoga class was great!  We had 9 people!  That's my top number in that class.  It averages 6.  The chiropractor was great too!  I love that I'm working on my issues from multiple directions.

Now, I'm headed back to the Yoga Center.  I left my stuff over there.  I'm going back to work on the deposits.  It's a nice place to just hang out.  There's hot tea and a computer I can use, as well as the wonderful energy that permeates the place.  They don't mind me being there, that way I'm there to greet anyone who happens by.

One of my jobs banks at Union bank, the other at US bank.  Only a few blocks away from the Yoga Center is a spot where both banks sit together in the same complex.  I love the convenience!  These days I often wonder if I'm the "strangest" person they get during the day, or if I'm just a minor blip on the radar.  I go into the bank with my backpack and podbelt on, walking my scooter beside me.  No one seems to notice.  I guess I'm not a blip.

That's done!  All deposits taken care of!

I'm hungry and didn't have any food ready to pack this morning.  I've given myself permission to pick up something to eat, I'm just not sure what.  I don't have the time today to go exploring.  Whatever I do needs to be local.  I could go to Trader Joe's and pick up something, or Mother's Market, or Ralph's for vegetable sushi, there's also a little Mexican restaurant a block or so from my work.  I'm not desiring any specific thing, I'm just hungry.  I think I'm going to let the bus system decide.  If there's going to be a bus soon, that would save me a lot of transit time and the bus would take me right to Trader Joe's.  If there isn't going to be one, then I'll head toward work and see what I pass.

I cross the street to the bus stop and text the OCTA system to see when the bus is due.  They say it will show up in 2 minutes.  Trader Joe's it is!  I'll stock up on a few things I've needed while I'm there.

All I meant to do was to pick up something to eat for lunch, and a couple of things I'm running low on.  I'm standing in the checkout line with this fairly huge amount of stuff: bag of yellow onions, bag of red onions, a package of cucumbers, a package of zucchini, several cans of sliced olives, a can of black beans, sun dried tomato humus, corn chips, and a falafel / hummus lunch.

I stop outside Trader Joes and re-pack everything.  All the cans and one bag of onions go into the backpack.  The rest goes into a bag that I strap on top of the backpack.  I know that heavy things should go underneath, not on top, I just can't figure out how to do that.  I put the chips in a separate bag to carry, so they don't get smooshed.

I'm planning on using the scooter to get from here to the route for the 71 and hopefully use the 71 bus to get to work.  I'm ready to use the scooter the whole way if I need to.  I put on the backpack and realize I have to change my plans.  It's really heavy!  I could get to work using the scooter, but I don't think it would be good for me.  My mind runs through options.  The 55 has a stop right here, next to Trader Joe's and goes to fairview and wilson, which isn't that far from my work 4/10 of a mile or something (Google gives it to you that way).  I go to the bus stop and text OCTA...  they say the bus will be here in a few minutes.  Yay!  I sit down to wait.  I'm not taking off the backpack.  I think it would be too hard to get back on!  I'm not going to put myself in a position where I need to pack this heavy again!  My brain's already making plans to leave what I can at work and then take things home as they are needed, or as I have space for them in the backpack.

I must look funny!  I'm this little person, wearing this black backpack that's totally full, with a purple bag strapped onto the top of that, using my scooter, with a black bag loosely hanging from my belt (with the corn chips in) on my left side and my purse bag attached to the belt on my right side.

At work, I've made my invoice for Avalon for the last half of February.  For the first time since 2009 I'm going to get a bonus!  The new bonus system my boss came up with is going to work!  I just squeaked by.  The lowest I can go to get a bonus is 90% rented and paid and the figures calculated out to 89.9, which got counted as 90%.  We had a lot of activity this month though.  Future months might even make it so I can get the higher bonus.  I'm thrilled!  This will help a lot!

I have my backpack down to a much better weight!  I'm only taking a couple of onions, the zucchini and cucumbers home.  The rest can stay here at work and go home with me as needed.  I'm really grateful that it's OK to leave things here at work.  Trying to get home with that load would have been bad!




No comments:

Post a Comment