27.3.12

Tuesday - 3/27/12 - A Day With The Kids

Tuesday - 3/27/12

Wow.  It really is like old times in a way, putting things in the truck to take over for babysitting.  The main thing is that I'm taking a little bit of laundry.  I haven't done laundry while babysitting in ages!  I've got two loads with me.

I'm running a little late.  I'm not happy with that.  I need to learn how to leave on time.

I'm here, at Tracye's.  It's 5 minutes after.  I was supposed to be here at 6.  Christian's not ready yet.  So, it's OK, but I'm not happy with myself.  I'll have to start walking out the door earlier next time.  That's how you do it.  Just keep backing up the starting time until you have a time that always gets you there at the time you want.

Logan and I walked Christina to school.  I love doing that and so do the kids.  There are some things you just can't do from a car, like look at pill bugs or race or walk together holding hands.  Now Logan and I are walking back from Christina's school.  Logan goes off to look at a crack in the sidewalk and has me come over to look at it too.  It's a very interesting crack.  It has ants in it.  We move on and he holds my hand.  I can't describe how much I melt each time he reaches and takes my hand when he doesn't need to.  My heart is a happy, warm puddle.

Logan and I are shopping at Mother's Market in Santa Ana.  It's my favorite grocery.  I don't get here often any more, it's not on my normal route.  I'm picking up vegetables to steam for my lunch, along with some groceries for home.  I can do that since I have the truck to take them home in.  Logan's having great fun with my reusable bags.  They're bags that smoosh down into a little bag that you can hang on something like a belt or a purse, or a backpack.  I carry them all the time these days, just in case I want to buy something.  Logan's having fun pulling the big bags out of the little bags, then having me put them back in so he can do it again.  We're doing three at a time.

Tracye's home.  The kids are outside playing.  She reminds me that we're at peak traffic time and says I should stay for awhile.  I need to go to Frys though and they aren't far away.  I hug everyone goodbye and head off.

I'm at Frys.  I'm frustrated.  I can't find the things I need and can't get any sales person's attention.  I've walked the whole computer section a couple of times.  I did find a regular mouse, though the selection of wired computer mice was very, very slim.  I can't find the audio extension cord or wireless headsets.  It doesn't look like they have them, that's silly though.  I'm sure they do.

I've given up on a salesman finding me and am waiting in line at a kiosk to talk to someone.  Instead of helping me, he points me to a different section and tells me to find the kiosk over there.  That turns out to be the audio section. OK.  I'd been looking in the wrong section.  All the people at the kiosk are busy.  I walk around looking on my own.  I finally found one audio extension cord, and only one.  So, it'd better be the right size.  There are a couple of different types of wireless headsets.  I'd like to ask a salesperson about the differences and also make sure I have the right extension cord for her to use with her earbuds.  I stand in line at the kiosk.  I need to leave soon.  Scott's coming over tonight.  I've taken way too long here!  They ignore me and go to someone else who got to the kiosk after I did.   Frustrated, I go back and look at the wireless headsets again.  I don't know the differences and don't know if she'll like using one or not.  So, I pick up the cheapest one.  They could easily have up-sold me, if anyone had bothered to talk to me!  How funny!

I'm finally out of Frys and heading home!  I was in there so long the traffic's clear now!

I'm home!  Scott will be here any minute.  I have the computer parts, but no time to test them.  I guess I'll have to do that tomorrow somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment