23.2.12

Arguing About Transit Sites - 2/21/12

Tuesday - 2/21/2012

Today is my day at home, or it should be my day at home.
I need to return the truck to Charles.  He isn't saying that, but I feel like I do.  It is a major blessing in my life to be able to borrow his truck and I don't want to overuse the privilege.

I like going over there to visit and I know I'll enjoy it when I do go over, but right now I don't want to!  I feel like I'm finally starting to get some order back into my apartment and life and I just started working on Ebay stuff and now I need to leave to deliver the truck, if I want to do the bus trip back in the daylight.

Ok.  I just realized that I don't have to do the trip back from Long Beach in the daylight.  I can wait and take the truck back right before they go for their normal tuesday night tacos, stay and go for $1 tacos with them, and then catch the bus after that.  I checked out the trip on Google maps and they came up with a really awkward way to get home.  Now, I'm checking out Metro.net and they say that I can get home by 10pm.  That's good enough!  I'll have a few more hours of working on things here and then I'll go over and socialize while dropping off the truck.  All of it will be good!

I wonder why Metro.net is coming up with a route that Google Maps isn't coming up with?  That doesn't normally happen.

I've been trying to Call Charles to tell him the plan.  Finally, I emailed him and he called me back.  It turns out that they are going out this evening.  So, I have to return the truck right now if I want to return it today (or drop it off while they are gone.)

I told him about my frustration, feeling like I'm just starting to get things done.  He offered to pick up the truck on their way home.  I feel weird about that, but it doesn't make them go far out of their way.  So, I agree.  Right as we were hanging up he mentioned that it might not happen because Lois isn't feeling well.  Arrrggggghhh!!  I don't want him to do anything that would add extra stress to either of their lives.

I've spent some time thinking about it, about what to do.  I realized that he doesn't need the truck tonight or tomorrow morning.  They have other things scheduled.  So, it finally dawned on me that I can drop the truck off on my way in to work tomorrow.  That way, I'll still get my day at home today and if I leave early enough tomorrow, I'll still get socializing too!

I also realized that the difference between what Google Maps is showing and what Metro.net is showing, is that Google Maps isn't showing the Norwalk bus lines.  I figured out a way to send a comment to Google asking that they include the Norwalk bus lines.  Now, I'm on the phone with a lady from the Norwalk bus lines asking them to try to get included into Google Maps.  She says they already are there.  I don't think so.  I think there is some problem and somehow those lines weren't incorporated in.  She says there is no problem, that google has them.  She also tells me that Metro.net is better.  We're having a long discussion about that.  I've had a lot of times where I've gotten better info from Google Maps, but it seems she has had the opposite experience.  It's a friendly conversation anyway.  I think it would be nice to meet her.  She seems sweet.

The end of the day has come way too soon.  I'm really happy that I stayed home.  I did work on organizing my apartment, and organized and photo-ed some Ebay things.  I didn't list anything though.  But, forward steps have been made.  Any forward progress is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment