24.2.12

Timing is Everything - 2/22/12

Wednesday - 2/22/12

On-line shopping for pants this morning. It happened spontaneously. I finally remembered that Charles needs hinges for their backup refrigerator. I went to one of the appliance sights and consulted them about part numbers, then I went to eBay and used the numbers to find an old set of hinges on sale. I bought that. When I buy from eBay I like to get several things at once. That way I can use the PayPal bill-me-later offer to pay them within six months at no interest. I understand that it's still borrowing money, but I always pay it off before they would charge me interest and it gives me a little flexibility on how to best handle the payments. That way I can pay it when I have the extra money. Anyway, I bought the hinges for Charles and then looked at my list of things I've been wanting or needing. Pants were right at the top of the list. Between loosing weight and having them just naturally wear out, I'm down to only a couple of pairs of everyday pants and those aren't in great shape. The other day I was riding the scooter to the bus stop and I had to keep stopping to pull up my pants! It was funny!

 Here I am, searching eBay for pants. I have no way of knowing if I'll like the pants once I see them in person, rather than a picture. So, I've narrowed the search to new pants that are cheap enough I could re-sell them if I needed to. There's a lot of clothing for sale out there! Sometimes, when I look, I'm amazed that the clothing I put up sells. People have to wade through so much just to find my ads. Looking at the other people's ads, though, I can see a difference. I use a lot more pictures and include more measurements. I'm amazed that so many people don't put measurements in their ads!

I ended up with 10 pair, averaging $14.50 a piece, including shipping. That seems like a lot to buy right now, but I'm desperate for pants and some of these are summer and some heavier. If they all fit and look good, I'll have a range of pants to wear. If they don't, I'll end up with something at least.

Well, I've placed the order. Crossing my fingers that most will fit and look good. Crossing my fingers that this was the right thing to do. Wow! Look at the time! I've got to get out of here to take the truck to Charles! There won't be time for socializing today! I'm cutting the time really close. I need to drop books off at the library and put gas in the truck, before I take it back.

I think if Charles had been outside so I could have passed the keys to him and taken off, I could have made the bus, but that's cutting it way too closely. I took some time finding the key for his gate and just decided not to worry about it. I want to always arrive on time for work, but all of my apartments are rented. If I have to be late today it won't be horrible. I'm sitting here now on their porch, in the wonderful sun, trying to figure out the buses I need to take now. Google maps is telling me that I'm going to get to Avalon 1/2 hour late no matter what. It says I could catch a bus in 8 minutes and get there 1/2 hour late (it's favorite choice) or catch a bus in 1/2 hour and get there 33 minutes late. I'm picking the second option so that I can stay and socialize for a bit.

Lois isn't feeling good and Becca is heading off to work. At least I got to say hi to both of them. Charles went away and came back announcing that he is going to drive me to work... get him out of the house. That's cool! We stopped at Mother's Market to pick up some snacks and I arrived at work an hour early. Yay for friends! We even got to talk during the drive. So, I got some social too!

Now, it's time to leave and take the bus to my daughter's. I'm paranoid that the bus will drive by me again.  I turn on the red blinking light on my backpack. This evening is totally different than last week. It's warm out, there is no wind and even the street light seems brighter.

I'm here at my daughter's! No problems! This was the activation of my 2nd octa 30 day pass too. I'm kind of proud of that.  A month has come and gone and I'm still working on creating financial freedom and still riding the bus!

No comments:

Post a Comment