8.2.12

Can't Seem To Get Rid Of The Truck! - 2/7/12

Tuesday - 2/7/12

I slept over at my Daughter's house last night.  I needed to be here to babysit this morning at 6am and that's the easiest way without a car!

It's fun having the extra night here.  Both Christina and I end up feeling extra special because we had a sleep-over.  She just gave me a BIG hug and said that was for me doing a sleepover with her.  That was SO nice!

She has started mentioning that we haven't had a Grandma - Granddaughter "date" in quite awhile.  I've been wondering how I'm going to arrange that without a car.  I guess I'm going to figure it out soon!  A year is way too long to wait for more of those!

Today, Christina not only had school, but also dance class.  That gave Logan and I extra time alone together.  We had a "date" and went to the Lyons Air Museum, looking at airplanes and motorcycles.  Logan is so cute!  The museum is right next to the runway of John Wayne airport.  You can watch the jets land and take off from there.  Every time we hear a jet engine, he rushes over to the window and climbs up the stairs so he can watch the plane take off!

Tracye wanted to take me home.  I talked her out of it.  I know it's cold and thinking about rain, but it isn't raining and I don't want my choices to impinge too much on other people.  To be truthful, I'm kind of having a blast doing this too.  Since it's early in the afternoon, and I don't have anything else scheduled, I decide today would be a good time to return the truck to Charles.  I really want to get that done.  I say my goodbyes and head out to catch a bus back to Avalon where the truck is....  and I miss the bus, by about 3 minutes.  I really have to get my timing down better!  The next bus isn't for 40 more minutes.  I'm not feeling like sitting in one place for that amount of time.  So, I head down the road on my razor scooter to see what's there.  I pass one bus stop and keep going.  Now, it's closer to the time for the bus and I'm worried about it coming while I'm in-between bus stops and I'm not sure where the next bus stop is.  I decided to go back to the last bus stop and now I'm sitting here waiting, listening to my audio book.  The audio book for this week is: "Connected - a day in the life of the global economy."  It's trying to teach me economics.

It's 5pm and I'm finally at Charles'!  I've called him to come down and park the truck.  It turns out that he was asleep, taking a nap.  He doesn't want me to leave the truck.  He says it's too cold and rainy for me to be taking the bus.  Arrrrgggghhh!  I decide it would be nice to stay and be social for awhile, maybe even go to taco night with their household and it's easier to do that if I take the truck.  So, I gave in, and arranged to take the truck home.  I guess it can sit at my place just as easily as it can sit here.

It's good that I'm getting to know the people in Charles' household.  He has a place for me to work on my oil painting in the garage here (he is trying to create a community of artists and be supportive of that).  I haven't gone there yet to paint, but it is in the plans.  Charles worked on my scooter a bit to get it folding again (yay!)  For that he went into the garage.  I got to scope out the painting space while he was working on the scooter.  It will do nicely!  I'm getting excited about painting with oils again!

Most of the household (plus me) went for tacos (it's $1 taco night.)  Now, I think everyone who lives here has met me.  So, at least I know, no one will question my being there when I show up to paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment