5.2.12

Driving A Truck - 2/4/12

Saturday 2/4/12

Today I have my friend Charles' truck.
I work tonight at a Jazz Concert at the Ocean Institute until 11:30 or even a bit later.  The ending time depends on when the event actually finishes, which is never when it's scheduled to finish.  Anyway, it seemed easier to borrow a car than to do anything else.  I don't want to try and ride a bus that late.  They stop running at a certain point in the night and I don't want to be stranded.  So, here I am driving a large, silver, extended cab pick-up truck!  I think it must be funny to watch a smallish woman climbing out of this truck!

Even though I don't normally work at Avalon on Saturdays, I set a few appointments there around 2pm so that I could try to rent the vacant units.  Avalon is almost on the way to the Ocean Institute.  So, it makes sense.  I had pre-approved one lady.  She was going to come today and bring her husband and sign a lease.  They didn't show up at all.

I find it very strange.  When people know you are doing something special for them, and that you are showing up when you wouldn't normally be there, that they will still stand you up without calling.  I understand that people change their minds, that isn't a problem.  I'd much rather they change their minds before signing paperwork than after, and I definitely don't want anyone trying to live somewhere that they won't be happy.  It's just amazing to me that people don't have the guts or the respect or whatever to call and say they won't be coming.  I had them and one other gentleman stand me up.  The stop wasn't wasted though!  I had a very nice woman show up looking for a place and I think she will fit in well.  She didn't have the money to do it today and says she is going to come back next week to rent.  I hope she does!

The event at the Ocean Institute is terrific!  I really enjoy listening to all the Jazz.  It's thrilling to me that I get to come to this event that I couldn't afford to go to....  and, I'm getting paid to be here!  Rick Braun, David Benoit and Mindi Abair are all here.  Yep, I have to work, and where we are sitting is cold, and I only get brief glimpses of the performances.  But, I'm really enjoying being here!  They even brought the jazz artists over near us to have their pictures taken and they are playing a little bit while having the pictures taken.  That is SO special to be here for!

At the end of the night we were given the flowers from the centerpieces.  I came home with this big bunch of white orchids and two red roses.  I put them in water so they won't wilt, but I'm too tired to do anything else.  I can't wait till tomorrow to arrange them!  They are so amazingly beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment