15.2.12

I Didn't Miss The Bus, The Bus Missed Me! - 2/13/2012

Monday - 2/13/12

I'm having trouble knowing what layers of clothes to wear these days.  I tend to be cold.  So, for the early morning trips to the bus, I've been wearing a layer of long johns under my clothes.  There's a choice though, between heavy or light duty ones, cotton or silk, and short or long sleeved (yes, I already had all of these!)  This morning I have light duty, long sleeved silk long johns on under my top and heavy duty cotton long johns on under my pants.  Now, when I've reached the bus stop I'm hot.  Maybe it's time to change to wearing less layers when I leave home.

The trip to the bus stop was funny.  I lost some pounds a few months ago, and with riding the scooter the "flab" that I did have is becoming muscle.  Which means that I have a great butt!  It also means that the pants that were loose fitting before, are VERY loose fitting now.  Both my pants and my long john pants are coming down a little as I scoot along.  I've got my pod belt on too.  The way it rides my hips is pushing my pants to down more.  Every time I stop I have to pull my pants up.  I don't want to spend the money, but getting new pants might be a necessity right now.

I left home later than normal.  I still did the mad dash from home to the bus stop, thinking I might be late.  There's no one here.  I think I'm on time, but I'm not sure.  Soon I see my bus waiting mate walking casually up the other road.  I know now that I'm on time.  I hope to get to a point where I can travel that casually to the bus stop, knowing there is time.

I stayed home from the party last night so that I could get some sleep, and then somehow didn't get much sleep. At least it gave me a chance to be prepared for today; the business reports that were due, packing valentines for the kids, having food for today, being ready to sleep over at my daughter's.  I'm tired now.  My mind isn't up to listening to an audio book.  On the bus I silently did my prayer list and then went to listening to music on my ipod.

Yoga class is great!  After yoga class, I go to the chiropractor.  Dr. Brad Miller has been giving me KST chiropractic  adjustments every Monday in exchange for work.  I'm so grateful for this!  It's such a huge blessing in my life!  He's helping me shed layers of energy that's been tied up from events from the past.  He's even been working on getting rid of my allergies!  I don't know how I've been blessed with so many wonderful people in my life, but I'm very grateful for it!

At Avalon I've had two units come vacant, both people left their units clean, like I had asked them to.  That's almost unheard of, and such a blessing!  One unit rented right away.  I think the other one will rent soon too.

It's very cold out.  The wind is blowing fiercely, making it even colder.  Normally, in California, if we talk about windchill we're talking about the windchill in someplace else, like Minnesota.  Today, I'm standing at the bus stop in the dark thinking about the wind chill.  I'm so glad I have the layers of clothing that I have and wishing for more!  I'm close to Avalon and 20 minutes early for the bus.  I decide to go back and wait inside Avalon for awhile.  It's nice and warm in there.

Now I'm back at the bus stop.  I gave myself a 5 minute wait.  I didn't want to accidentally miss the bus.  I'm due at my daughter's place and she needs me to show up before the kids' bedtimes so they don't try to stay up to see me.  Man, it's cold!  Most of the time I'm standing with my back to the way the bus would come from, so the wind can hit my back, turning my head and looking over my shoulder to see if I can see the bus.  Finally I see the bus coming up the road!  I lean down, grab my stuff, stand there ready...  and watch the bus barrel by me!  It hadn't slowed down or changed lanes or anything!

I don't know what to do.  I'm almost in tears.  It's freezing.  I'm cold.  I'm due at my daughters.  I just want to get on the bus, and I know the next bus isn't for another hour.  Briefly my mind goes through the names of the people who've said they could get me if I got stranded.  Then, I tell myself that I'm not stranded.  I know there will be a later bus and I know it will take me where I need to go, I just want to wait for it.  I call the bus company to see what they say.  They say they are sorry and that I can't report the bus driver till the next day.  They also give me an alternative route that would get me there a little earlier.  For that route, I would need to catch the first bus in about 10 minutes and it's bus stop is a ways away.  I text Tracye that I'll be late and head off in the cold wind toward that bus stop.

Part of the trip on the scooter is against the wind.  That's not fun!  I'm going down the sidewalk to the bus stop and I realize that it's probably not the stop I'm thinking of.  I've taken the south bound version of that route and now I need the north bound version.  The stop will be near there, but maybe on the other side of the road.  I'll have to find it.  I'm still a distance away, maybe a block, and I see a bus go across the intersection.  That's probably the bus I'm trying to catch.  If it is, there's no chance of me making it.  I decide to go ahead, going forward to see.  If I have missed the bus, I will still be able to turn around and go back to the stop I left and be there in time for the next bus on that line.

I get close and there is a bus waiting at the stop!  I even have to walk the scooter a ways (taking more time to cover distance) because of a very steep hill and the bus is still waiting!  It's the bus I was trying for too!  What luck!  It turns out the bus was sitting there while people got their bikes off.  I'm so blessed and grateful!  Finally warmth!

It's interesting riding a different bus route.  This bus goes past the college and over to "the block" in Orange.  There are a lot more younger people on the bus than I'm used to.  I'm paranoid about missing my stop, since I'm not sure where it is.  When we get somewhere close I ask the bus driver and he says he will tell me when to get off.

Waiting at a bus stop again.  Still cold.  At least this bus stop has a bit of a shelter.  It's helping with the wind.  Fortunately the bus comes soon.  Once again, when we get close to where I need to get off, I tell the bus driver and she tells me when to get off.  Now, the scooter ride to my daughters'.  It's cold, but at least I'm moving, creating heat.

Finally, I'm there.  I'm only a 1/2 hour later than I would have been.  That's great!  I get to watch a little bit of a show about earth worms with the kids and then we all go off to bed.  What a day!  I'm so grateful to be here and warm and surrounded by love!

No comments:

Post a Comment