12.2.12

A Day of Wonderful Things! - 2/12/12

Sunday - 2/12/12

I'm leaving a little late for the bus.  I think it's OK.  I've been traveling the distance faster and there should be low traffic this morning.  Then, I realize that I didn't send an important email.  I decide to go back and do it.  I think that if I miss the first bus, I can catch the next one and still make it to service on time.  I'll just have to use the scooter for an extra mile and I'll arrive "just barely" on time.

It's lovely this morning.  I like riding the scooter over to the bus stop in the dawn hours.  Dawn is such a lovely time!  I think I made it to the bus stop right on time.  There isn't anyone waiting here, but it's Sunday.  I didn't expect anyone to be waiting for the bus with me today.

It's now 10 minutes after the bus should have come.  I think it must have come early and I missed it.  I consult Google maps and it tells me that I can still get there on time.  I need to be there at 10am and Google maps estimates I'll get there at 10:01.  I've got the scooter too.  I'm sure I'll be able to shave that minute off of the time.  ;-)

Now, it's time for the next bus to come and it hasn't.  My brain is starting to run all kind of scenarios.  Maybe they changed the bus line and aren't running on Sundays...  maybe the bus drivers went on strike...  maybe there was a state budget cut and my bus got cut out.  I didn't check with the news this morning.  Heck, there could even be space aliens holding the main bus terminal hostage for all I know (ok, my mind does get away from me sometimes.)  I'm OK about it.  If the bus doesn't come, then I'll spend a day at home.  It's not what I'm planning on doing, but it would be fine.

Finally the bus going North passes.  Now I know that the buses are running.  Generally, that one goes by just a little bit before the South bound one comes.  The bus could be here any time!

The bus comes, and it's packed!  I wonder if some of these people missed the first bus too, or if they are all just normally traveling at this time on a Sunday morning.  I'm still listening to the "Mystical Kabbalah" audio book.  I think I'm going to have to listen to it several times to make sure I didn't miss any of it.

When we get to the Disneyland bus stop, there is a bus stopped right in front of ours.  Several of us head off to that bus.  There is a 50/50 chance it is the 43, the bus that I need.  The bus doors close and it starts moving.  Then, I guess the driver noticed us and stopped and waited.  That was really nice!  This means that I've caught an earlier bus than I would have, and means I'll definitely get to Sunday Celebration on time!  Yay!

Going on the scooter from the bus stop to the Yoga Center, I'm noticing all kinds of smells.  First, it's donuts...  then pancakes...  then oil / grease from a tire place.  Now, I'm hungry (well, ok for donuts or pancakes, not tires!)

I'm stopped at a stoplight waiting for the light to change so I can cross the street and a lady comes up and asks me about riding the scooter.  She's really impressed that I'm using the scooter.  I explain to her why I'm riding it and that I came down from Norwalk this morning.  I think I now have a fan!  She told me that meeting me is going to change how she thinks about transportation.  That's cool!  I'm thrilled!

I've been meaning to print some business card type sheets with my blog address on them, in case anyone asks.  I haven't done it yet.  I guess now I'll have to, since I have had someone ask about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment