15.2.12

A Day of Wonderful Things! - 2/12/12 - part II

Sunday - 2/12/12 - Continued

Sunday morning celebration at the Yoga Center is about to start and one of my friends hands me an envelope with a heart on it.  I didn't think much of it, I thought it was an invitation to something, or yoga center business or something similar.  I sat it aside to open later.  Celebration was great!  Afterward, Mary and I go to an Indian restaurant in Anaheim.  It's in the lobby of a hotel near Disneyland.  We found it in the Orange County Entertainment book.  They have an awesome buffet and we're only paying 1/2 the price because of the entertainment coupon!  Better than that, Mary is paying for lunch.  ;-)

After lunch, she drops me off across from Disneyland so that I can catch my bus up to Norwalk.  I had her drop me off at the "alternate" bus stop.  It doesn't have a bench.  It isn't as comfortable of a place to wait, but it was a much easier place for her to drop me off.  Within a few minutes, the bus comes.  What timing!  There are only two of us on the whole bus!  I'm feeling decadent.  They chartered a whole bus for myself and this older gentleman!  He says when he got on the bus and there was no one else there, he was sure he had gotten on the wrong bus!  At the next stop, a bunch of people piled on.  Our private ride is over.

I didn't get much sleep last night and overate at lunch.  I'm sitting on the bus tiredly listening to my audio book.  The next thing I know, I'm waking to people getting on the bus.  I think I didn't sleep very long, I think I just dozed.  Then, it strikes me that I don't recognize the outside surroundings and that I might have a memory of hearing my street name announced.

I got up and asked the bus driver.  I'm still in a bit of a fog from the sleep.  I'm not sure I'm making any sense.  Between the two of us, we decide that I have gone too far.  I have him let me off at the next stop.  Now, getting off the bus, I recognize the surroundings.  We are at the old downtown of Norwalk, near my bank, that has to be only one or two bus stops past mine (even though I've never traveled that way by bus.)  So, it will be easy to get home.

I use my phone to consult Google maps.  It points out the obvious (something I hadn't thought of,) that I could easily take the same bus going the opposite direction and end up back at my regular stop.  There is even a bus coming in a few minutes.  Somehow I've never thought of this, the fact that if I go one or two stops too far, I can always find a way back, possibly with the exact same bus route that got me there.  I'm now encouraged to go North sometime to see what's there.

It's a lovely sunny day.  I don't have anything pressing that I have to do, and I'm rested (giggle).  So, I decide not to get on the bus, and to use my scooter to get home.  It is a lovely trip, fun to see all the things on the way.  The one bad point is that the handlebars on the scooter are starting to occasionally slide down, out of the locked position.  I don't think it's dangerous, but it is frustrating.  Not sure what to do about that, they only slide down a few inches, but there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it.  I had tabled the idea of buying a new scooter.  Maybe I need to look at that again.

Once home, I remember, find and open the envelope I received before Sunday Celebration.  It contains $100 and a supportive note!  I'm amazed, thrilled, and overjoyed!  I'm overflowing with gratitude!  How wonderful of her to do this for me!

It's later now and there are two emails in my "inbox" from my Avalon boss.  One of them is titled "bonuses."  I'm not sure what I expected this email to be, but it's blown me away!  My boss has finally re-worked my bonus plan!  I used to get a bonus each month, but haven't been able to since the economy crash in 2009.  I've talked to him about it, and about the fact that a bonus isn't an incentive if you know by the 5th of the month that you won't be getting a bonus that month.  Nothing ever came of it, then a year ago he changed my hours (to hours I'd requested) and increased my hourly income, and I gave up on the idea of getting him to re-work the bonus plan.  I decided to just be grateful for the job and the income I have.  The new bonus plan is terrific!  I think most months I'll be able to get a bonus, recession or not!  This will mean that most month's I'll be able to bring in $200 extra and some month's I'll bring in $300 extra.  That's huge!  With both this and the $100 gift in my mind, for the first time, I'm truly able to visualize possibility of paying off all of my debt this year!  What a wonderful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment