4.2.12

A Day Off! - 2/2/12

Thursday - 2/2/12

Thursdays are something I call a "day off."  Actually, it means that I get to stay home, but work at the apartment complex where I live, or on eBay things.

Today, my friend Charles is coming over to help put the Christmas Tree away.  I have trouble lifting the Christmas tree box back into the cubbyhole where it stores for the year.  So, he does it for me.  The garage where I store the tree has been getting messy.  I wanted everything to be as easy for him as possible.  So, I'm doing some picking up and organizing to make sure there is a clear path where he needs to go.

I made a nice pumpkin and lentil recipe and a salad, hoping that I could re-pay Charles in some way for his kindness, and I always tell him there is food here for him, but he ate before he came over.  I think, being a meat eater it's possible he isn't as thrilled that I'm offering him Vegan food.  I'm a little disappointed.  I love cooking for people.  However, the food was good and I enjoyed it and it's nice to have company!

Charles is working on downsizing his life and as a part of this has been letting me list some of his comic collection in my eBay store.  I split the money with him.  So, it's a good deal for both of us.  For the whole time the car has been out of commission, I've been neglecting my store and not adding more items to it.  I need to get moving forward on it again!  It's a part of my income and as it gets going better it will help to pay down my debt.  I've been bugging Charles to come over and sort through comics and give me more to list, as those are easier to list than a lot of things I normally do.  That's part of what he's doing while he is here, sorting and going through comics.  It's sweet to watch him go through the different comics and listen to him reminisce about them.

If you want to check out my eBay store it's here:
http://stores.ebay.com/Kshemis-Clothing-and-More-Store
I will get my act together and start posting more things soon.  So, keep checking back.

I get to work at a Jazz concert tomorrow and Saturday, but that means I'll be working really late and down in Dana Point, which is a ways from where I live.  The time I'm getting out makes it impossible to come home on the bus and I didn't find a carpool.  Charles is loaning me his truck for the weekend so that I can make the job.  Aren't friends wonderful?!

On the way back to Charles' place we stop at Costco and I get to buy some supplies.  Having toilet paper is a good thing!  They also had an electric tea kettle for a good price.  I've been thinking about getting one for the Avalon office.  Having hot tea when I've been out in the cold would be nice.  It would also enable me to have instant soups and things like that, which should help keep me from spending money on food on the days I'm down there.  I bought it for $20, I think it is worth the investment.

It's fun to go back to the Victorian where Charles lives.  They rent out rooms.  Because of the number of people living there, often there are people hanging around.  Today, I got to visit a bit with Lois, which I always enjoy.  As I'm leaving, there is a gaggle of 20-something-year-olds having a conversation right outside the front door in the dark.  I joined them in a fun, momentary conversation.  I'm leaving with a smile on my face.  The one girl, especially was so sweet.  She is helping and encouraging her friend to stop smoking.

I'm now driving Charles' truck home to my place.  I think it's funny that I'm driving a stick shift again.  I've always owned cars that were sticks.  When the last car died, I purposely went shopping for an automatic because I had seen what happened to my friend Rose when she hurt her knee.  She ended up having to sell her car and buy an automatic so that she could drive while she was recuperating.  I figured that was a good selling point for trying an automatic again.  So, my Acura, which is parked in the garage, is an automatic.  The first one I've had in forever...  and here I am being saved by a stick shift truck while that car needs a transmission!


No comments:

Post a Comment