17.2.12

It's Finally Easy To Leave! - 2/17/12

Friday 2/17/12

What a difference!  Something has shifted inside me! Today I wasn't pushing to get myself ready and out the door. I was just ready.  I hope this is a permanent change!  Going to the bus I didn't bother to push. I just knew I was on time!

I have a moment of mental hesitation at the bus stop. My bus stop mate isn't here, which could mean that I missed the bus. Still, I'm sure I'm on time. I fold up the scooter, take off my backpack, turn off the blinky lights and sit and wait.  The bus does come!  I was on time!  I'm overjoyed!  I've somehow figured out how to do this without forcing the trip!  It's possible it's because I'm tired and didn't get much sleep.  Some things are easier for me when I'm tired.  I hope that isn't it.  I hope this is a permanent change!

The bus ride to Orange County is uneventful.  Cold though.  The middle bus, the 43 doesn't have it's heat on for some reason.  I'm still grateful to be inside a bus, rather than outside with the wind!  The last bus stop is always the coldest.  I'm here right before dawn.  I think I remember that it's always coldest right before dawn.  This bus stop is also closer to the ocean and receives more of the cooling ocean air.  Both factors are probably in play.  Whatever the reason, it's cold here!  I'm glad I don't stay at this bus stop for long!  I'm moving forward with my thought of picking up occasional trash along the way and pick up some trash here.  I'm a little worried about getting something sticky on my gloves.  Messing them up in the middle of the trip would be bad.  There is a bunch of trash behind the bench, between the bench and the bushes.  That stuff would be really hard to get.  I leave it there.  I think I have one of those extendable grabbers at home and I think it's lightweight.  If I do, I might pack it with me one trip a week and use that to pick up trash at bus stops.  That could work!

My mind even shifts to the idea that we could have people or groups adopt a bus stop, just like some groups adopt roads and keep them clean.  I wonder if the cities have thought about this.  Most bus stops are fairly clean, but the busiest ones will get some trash no matter what.  A plan like this might help.

Dawn comes over K-mart.  That seems so odd.  True though.

Last night, when I got home I found, that "Farm Fresh To You" had delivered a box of vegetables to me.  I had canceled their service and didn't know what to do.  I finally stuck the vegetables in my refrigerator.  Now I'm calling them from the Yoga Center.  They say it was their mistake and tell me to enjoy the food.  They hope it helps convince me to come back.  Wow!  What nice customer service and what a blessing to have an extra box of vegetables!  Now, I'll have to come up with things to cook!

I've been reminding myself all day that my 30 day bus pass expires tomorrow and you can't buy a OCTA pass in my area.  I need to buy one today.  There is a Ralph's Grocery on the way, between the Yoga Center and Avalon.  I stop there and buy a pass.  That was easy!  The 30 days doesn't start until I use it for the first time.  So, I'll get to wait until next week to turn it on.

My knee was fine through yoga, but it isn't that happy with riding the scooter.  I decide to take a bus to Avalon rather than use the scooter the whole way.  According to Google Maps I can take the 173 most of the way there.  I haven't tried that yet!  I'm leaning over the trash can eating a very juicy orange while waiting for the bus.

I goofed!  I thought I was supposed to get off at the stop next to Stater Brothers Grocery.  It turns out that this bus turns the opposite direction there and doesn't stop at that stop!  I had a slight freak out when I realized that we were in the far turn lane rather than the lane next to the curb.  I had pulled the "stop requested" cord, but the bus just kept going and is still going and going (they will only stop at an official stop on their route - there just aren't any!).  Finally, we reach a stop and I get off.  Funny the things that happen!  I'm still closer than I would have been without using the bus, and I'll make it to Avalon on time.  Heck I even know now to get off one stop earlier!  But, it is funny going all this extra distance!

Mary wants to do something for dinner.  I searched through the Entertainment book and found the "Loving Hut" restaurant.  Neither of us had been there before.  The food was great!  I intend to go back there again.  Mary drove me home after dinner.  I'm really grateful for that.  I'm tired.  It's nice to be able to just go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment