23.2.12

I Have The Truck, But I'm Sad About It - 2/20/2012

Monday 2/20/2012

I have Charles' truck today, because I borrowed it for last night.
I made the decision to drive it today because I need to pick up some things from Home Depot for my job and I couldn't do that walking and I figured that getting a little extra sleep this morning would be good.

The funny thing is that I'm sad about it.
I got to sleep in and that was great, and I'm terribly grateful for the loan of the truck.  But, a part of me wanted to get up way early and ride the bus and have that lovely dawn moment when I get off of the bus at the Yoga Center.

It will be interesting to see how I feel at the end of this year of doing without my car.  Right now, I could definitely see myself riding the bus at least one day a week, to keep the experience going.

The other side is that it was nice to be able to bring my laptop with me today.  I haven't been able to do that since parking my car.  That does allow me the freedom to do more things while I'm gone, especially during the time between teaching yoga and work.

One of the things I'm noticing is that when I have a vehicle, I'm getting all drawn into trying to figure out everything that I "might" want while I'm gone and taking that with me.  That ends up feeling stressful.

When I ride the bus, I can't do that.  It's almost the other way.  I have to decide what I absolutely need to have with me for the day and then figure out how to take that.  Hopefully, now that I've noticed the difference, I can  figure out how to change my vehicle packing to be less stressful, realizing that I don't need to bring everything and can do with less.

No comments:

Post a Comment