7.2.12

Awkward day - 2/6/12

Monday - 2/6/12

This morning "should" be fairly easy.  I kept Charles' truck so I can take a box to the post office later.  This means I got to sleep a little later.  I had trouble sleeping last night, though.  I'm tired and things aren't working.  I'm finally leaving the house, but later than I had wanted.  I'm starting to wonder if I'm ever going to get the hang of leaving the house on time no matter what, even when I have a car.

The funny thing is that I'm feeling a bit sad that I have the truck and am not riding the bus.  There are some advantages to going that way.  I miss riding the scooter and having the time to sit and listen to audio books.

I'm having this big debate in my head.  I feel like I need to go to Home Depot while I have the truck, to pick up some blinds for the vacant apartment.  If I don't get them now, I don't know when / how I'll be able to.  I'm also worried that if I do that, I might not manage dropping off the truck on time.  I have to have the truck dropped off and be at the bus stop by 11:30 to make it back to Avalon in time for work.  I know Charles said I could keep the truck for longer, but I don't want to.  I want to get it back to him.  

I decided to chance it.  I bought the blinds, delivered them to Avalon, along with dropping off my backpack.  Then, I headed out to the container store (buying more boxes for eBay things) and Frys.  I've figured out that I didn't manage to drop everything off that I meant to, which will make the bus ride back to Avalon a lot harder.  Then, I look at the time and realize I can't get to Charles' in time to catch the bus.  I feel so discouraged.  I tried to do too much.  I called Charles and told him I couldn't drop the truck off today.  He's fine with it.  I'm the one who is bothered.

Now, I have the debate on when to take the truck back to Charles...  how to fit that into my schedule, and where to keep the truck in the meantime.  I'm at Avalon.  Do I leave the truck here and ride the  bus, or take the truck with me to my Daughters (I'm sleeping over tonight so I can babysit in the morning.)  I decided to leave the truck at Avalon, for a bit.  I'm not happy about that decision, but I wouldn't be happy about the decision to take it with me either.  That would mean paying for more gas, and it would  be me driving a truck when I could have taken the bus.  This is awkward!




No comments:

Post a Comment