22.5.12

Tuesday - 5/22/12 - The Car Gets A New Battery

Tuesday - 5/22/12

Charles is coming over today.  I should be cleaning.  I'm feeling torn, wanting to work on 20 different things.  I decide the top of the list should be working on the plants so I can get his buckets back to him (he gave me compost in some buckets).  I spend the day working on the plants.  Not done.  Can't return buckets yet.

I had this whole list of running around I thought I should do today, because of it being the last day with the truck.  I didn't go anywhere.  When Charles gets here I'll have him take me to Chase first.  That way I can make my deposit and get money out.  Other than that, the errands are going to have to happen from a bus, or when I have a ride from Mary.

Today was originally just supposed to be a social visit. 
I suggested we could replace the battery too today.
I'm feeling weird about that now.  I changed something that was social more into a work mood.  Hopefully we can turn it back.

We decide to go to Walmart for the battery.
Charles pulls the old battery from the car first.

The batteries are $90!!
After we pick up the battery, we're right next to the scooter section.  I ask if he minds if I go look at scooters.  They never have the A3 / AW125 there, but that's the scooter I'm drooling over and I'd like to see it in person.  Looking around they don't have it.  Wait!  There it is!  We open the box, it looks so new and shiny and pretty and the wheels are definitely bigger.  I SO want to buy it!  I'm not going to buy it now though.  Now, I have to buy a $90 battery.  That comes first, then the backpack.  Sigh.  I really want that scooter.

As we get in the car Charles asks if there is any place else I want to go.  I say no.  Then he asks if I want to go to Trader Joe's!  That's the main place I "should" have gone today and didn't!  I say yes!  Funny how God looks out for me!  I buy all the groceries I wanted to plus some snacks for tonight.  He pays for his.

We watch 2 dark shadows movies and he introduces me to the dresdin files and we watch 2 of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment