25.5.12

5/25/12 - Friday part 2

5/25/12 - Friday part 2

I just went on to Amazon to order maple syrup.  I use a lot of it since I use it in the bread I bake.  So, I order a larger size.  Through searching I've discovered that the cheapest I can get it is to buy it from Amazon with a repeating order.  I'm out of it now though.  So, I'm ordering an extra one.  They still give me the repeating order price.  It's a great way to shop!  It's even delivered to my door so I don't have to worry about transporting something heavy!

When I finish the Amazon order they have an ad for a Amazon Visa card and say if you qualify for it they will give you a $30 amazon credit.  I doubt if they would qualify me.  I decide to go ahead and try for it.  A $30 credit would be great!

Well, that's that.  The on-line application came back with a statement that they had to review my account.  That generally means "no."

Huh.  30 minutes later and I've just been sent an email that they've approved my credit card application and given me the $30 credit.  That's so funny!  And, terrific at the same time!  They don't say what my credit limit is, but whatever it is, it will help change my debt to credit ratio!  Also, with the $30 credit, that will pay for my current order with some left over for the next order!  How cool is that?!

I'm sitting in my office watching the trees blow toward me in the wind, thinking the wind will make the trip to the bus stop hard tonight. I might even want to try going to the Wilson bus stop. It's farther away, but the way is a more sheltered from the wind. It will still slow the trip, but I think it would be easier than going directly into the wind to get to Victoria bus stop.

Jim comes in to pay his rent. He likes to track things. He asks me how long I've been doing this now. I tell him I'm not sure, but I think it's four months. He says something about me having eight months left to go. Wow, that feels like a lot. But, it's what I need to do. So, here I am doing it.

I make sure I leave work right on time and head to the Wilson street bus stop. I even stay on the wind side of the street to get a little more protection. Still, it's definitely slower going and my right knee is complaining a bit. Oh well, I've got a long bus ride home for it to recuperate during!

The bus is definitely running on time and there isn't traffic.  I debate getting off at Harbor and Katella.  There is plenty of time for the transfer today.  I could just go on to Disneyland and wait there.  That way, if it starts raining I might be able to be under a roof.  Naw...  I'm so used to getting off here now, and I really don't like that rush across the street and the roof is so high up for those benches that you'll normally get rained on anyway.  I get off at the Harbor and Katella stop.

Oh my gosh!  I'm not to the bus stop yet.  I swear that's the 460 stopped at the stop light!  I might not make it! How can that be?!  I head off faster on the straightest route (though a parking lot.)  I'm here right before the bus!  I never would have made it if I'd gone on to the Disneyland stop!

I get on and it's my favorite driver!  She works the earlier shift though.  I say something about her working a later shift today.  She says they were delayed because of a police action.  She had to route around an area and it made her 19 minutes late.  So, that's it!  I'm on the earlier bus, which is running late!  Wow!  I might manage to get home a little earlier too!  That would be terrific!  Hah!  My getting off at an earlier stop and going to this exit just paid off!

Poor Lady.  This driver is spending her whole ride apologizing to people about being late.  The bus is packed full and we pick up more people at every stop.  Now we have the people who have been waiting a long time for this bus, and the people who got there a bit early for the next bus.

I can't believe it!  Friday nights are the worst!  They've set up a sobriety check in Buena Park.  They've narrowed a 3 lane road down to one lane.  It's going to take us forever to get through it!  The poor bus driver! She had been trying to make up time.  There's no way now!

We're through and headed on.  I'll probably be home at my normal time.  It's still a blessing to have caught this bus.  Who knows when the next bus would be there!  They'll probably get slowed down by the same sobriety check.

I decide to ride to my "normal" stop, rather than get off at the earlier one.  I'm voting for the shorter distance this time and I'm still not sure I get home any earlier.

My stop is coming up, I think I'm two stops away from being able to get out of this crowd.  The bus driver yells back to all of us that if anyone is riding the bus on Monday, the schedule will be the same one as on Sunday.  Oops!  I hadn't thought of that.  Monday is a holiday for a lot of people.  It's not a holiday for me though.  I wonder how that affects me.  Funny that I find out about it now, when I'm almost home.  I'm so glad she announced it!

I'm so glad to be home!  I don't feel tired.  In fact, I'm kind of on-edge.  I think it's the thing about the bus schedule.  I can't get myself to work on anything either though.  I keep going in and sitting on my bed.  So, I guess, even though it's a bit early, I'm going to try sleeping.


No comments:

Post a Comment