25.5.12

5/25/12 - Friday

5/25/12 - Friday

I'm having trouble getting myself out of bed.  It seems way too early, like I just went to bed.  The alarm just went off though.  It's 3:15 in the morning and I need to get up and moving.  How many pep talks can you give yourself before you actually get out of bed.  The thing that finally did it for me was reminding myself that I needed to get a deposit together for this job before I leave.  I've got to get moving!

It seems colder this morning than it's been so I've decided to wear my silk long johns.  The only problem is that I can't find the bottoms.  This is a real statement about the fact that I should find and lay out my clothes the night before!  I'm not going to miss the bus just because I can't find my long johns, and I don't want to be cold either!  I'm searching everywhere for them and can't find them.  Oh wait!  I've found my lighter-weight pair here in the drawer.  These will have to do!

I'm finally leaving.  I even found my fold-able headset so I don't have to go without sound.  Heck, it's right at 4:30.  I think I can make it to the "normal" stop this time.  I haven't left from there in ages!

Scootering to the bus stop in the darkness with my flashing lights blinking, I see something white on the sidewalk up ahead.  it looks like a cloth or a bag or something.  I don't like the way people leave trash around! I get up to it and find that it's a dead cat.  Poor thing.  It stinks too.  I don't know what to do and I don't want to be late for Yoga Class.  I step off of the sidewalk and walk around it on the street and say a prayer for it, then continue on my way.  I can't get the rotting cat smell out of my lungs.

Up ahead is a house that has it's sprinklers going.  I'm going to rush through and try not to get wet.  Shoot!  That made me remember the internet last night had said there was a chance of rain for today.  I didn't bring any of my rain gear with me!

I'm to the bus stop with plenty of time!

On the bus I sit down next to a woman who is sleeping.  She wakes up a little and moves her stuff.  Three weren't many places to sit or I would have let her sleep and sat somewhere else.  As soon as a full seat came open I moved over and let my bench partner have the whole seat back.  She curled up on it, looking like a little girl  curled up in an armchair.

We just drove through some rain.  It was brief.  We're out of it already.  I hope that's not an omen for the day. I don't want to go through the day drenched!

I had this weird idea pop into my head during yoga today. Instead of leaving the car unfixed and sitting in the garage, I might be able to fix it and lease it out to someone for the rest of the year. I don't know how to do that or find the right person to lease it, or anything, but it's an idea. If I could do something like that the car could earn it's own repair money. It would be weird to have someone else driving my car, but still... It's too bad I don't know anyone in town for 6 to 8 months who needs to lease a car.

I'm done with my Yoga Classes.  I'm always in such a good mood afterward.  A part of me just wants to stay here and relax.  It isn't raining yet, but it does look like rain.  I think I'll be better off heading out to Avalon and hopefully getting there before the rain.  I check Google Maps to see when I should leave.  They say I should leave now.  That all great, but I'm not quite ready.  I pack up my things and head out the door hoping I can still make it, and watch the bus drive by.  Having missed the bus, I decide to go back in and re-think what I'm doing.  I check Google again, there isn't another bus for 30 minutes.

I've been thinking about stopping at Trader Joe's.  The bus I was going to catch goes right by there.  Now that I have a toaster oven at work I can easily pick up a frozen burrito and cook it for lunch (yay!  Healthier food!)  It's gray and cloudy outside, but it's not raining yet.  I think I'm going to take off for Trader Joe's on my scooter and then catch the bus from there for the rest of the trip.









No comments:

Post a Comment