27.5.12

Sunday - 5/27/12

Sunday - 5/27/12

I didn't sleep well last night.  It's this holiday bus schedule thing.  I can't believe I can't get to Costa Mesa in time to teach class!  That's just silly!  I think I've decided what to do though.  I'm going to go down at 10:30 or 10:45 or whatever and arrive at 1am.  I could go to Avalon and sleep on the floor there, or with my head on a desk, but there is no bathroom there, which makes that awkward at best.  I could go to the Yoga Center, which has a bathroom, though it would be wrong energy wise to sleep there.  So, my current plan is to go to the Yoga Center in the middle of the night and spend the rest of the night meditating until it's time for class.  My Guru often says we should give God several hours in a row occasionally to give the connection a chance.  Maybe this is that time for me.

The negatives are:
     I'll still be trying to do a full day for the rest of Monday, on less sleep.
     I'll be traveling by bus later at night than I've traveled before.
     I'll have the mile here to the bus stop late at night, which should definitely be safe, but might be cold.
     I'll have over a mile on the other side from the last bus stop to the Yoga Center.  So, once again I could be really cold.
     While I do have a key to the Yoga Center and I do have permission to go in and meditate, I can see some policeman seeing the Yoga Center lights on, when they aren't necessarily on and coming to investigate, or, worse yet, calling someone to tell them they think there is a problem.  I really don't want to be arrested or cause anyone to be woken up.

It might be fun to do though.  Proving I can manage this, no matter what, and spending extra time meditating.

I'm apparently not as sold on the plan as I thought I was.  I've just checked Google maps again and gave it every single area near here.  No luck.  I can't get there early enough.

I also tried to see if I could go from here to LAX or Long Beach airport and then down from there, but still no luck.

I'm now looking at rental cars.  Huh.  It turns out that rental car companies are closed during the holidays.  Who knew?

OK.  I've figured that out.  Not all rental car companies are closed for holidays.  The ones at the airports stay open.  There's no airport near me though.  It's looking like I'd have to rent from John Wayne airport (down near where I work) and return it there too.  They are open and the rate isn't bad.  I can get a rental car from a couple of different companies, averaging about $13 for the day (though I don't know what the mileage restrictions are and if I'm within the restrictions.)  So, there would be the car rental and maybe a little money for extra mileage and money for gas to refill the car.  I'm thinking maybe $20 to $25 total.  Is that worth it?

It would be different if there were a company around here I could rent from.  I could pick up the car up here, drive it for tomorrow and return it back up here.  This, though, this is a tough call.  If I want to do this, I'll have a 3 hour bus trip down to Orange County to pick up the car, then I'll have to drive back here for the night, then tomorrow I'd have to either return the car at noon or after work and either way I'd still have the bus ride back up here.  I don't have any errands I need to do either.  So, there wouldn't be much benefit for all of that except for extra sleep and an easier time getting to the Yoga Center for class.  I guess I'm leaning toward not doing it, toward going down tonight and meditating through the early morning.  I'll have to think about this.

Tried taking a nap, had to show apartment.

Tried taking a nap, didn't work, couldn't sleep.

I didn't rent a car.  That just didn't make sense.  I didn't call anyone to substitute either.  I'm getting ready to head down to the Yoga Center now.  I'm going to leave the house to catch the 10:22 bus down to Orange County.  It's one before the last bus.  That way, if anything goes wrong, I've still got a way to get there.

There are maybe 15 people on the bus.
There is a really nice family up on the front bench seat.  The couple must be in their early thirtys or late 20s.  He's sitting with this arm around her, she's holding the baby.  He must be almost a year.  They look so happy and loving together.  It's good to see.

Wow!  We just got to Disneyland.  There are tons of people outside waiting for buses!  They must have just closed or something.

Most of the people get on the 460 when it comes back to go up to LA.  When that bus pulls away it is totally full, with people standing in the aisles.

There aren't that many of us left.  I wonder if we are all waiting for the 43.  It seems like it's been a long time without it coming.  I hadn't checked the schedule to see when it was supposed to come.  I just checked and it's not due for another 30 mintues.  I guess I'll sit down!

Family that waited for bus forever to only go a couple of blocks!

The holiday / night run of 43 doesn't go quite as far.  I had to get off a block sooner than I normally would.
Wow!  I think of triangle square as being dead.  It can't be totally dead!  There a nightclub there on the 2nd floor that is totally rocking the building.

It's almost 1.  I've passed 3 different night clubs / bars that are open and rocking.  Long ago and far away I would have been part of that crowd.  Now I live more with the sun.  I'm so used to going to bed early so I can get up early, it was almost a shock to realize all these places are still going this late.






No comments:

Post a Comment