10.5.12

5/10/12 - Thursday

5/10/12 - Thursday

I woke up at 3 this morning. I thought about getting up and working on the ad for the porcelain. I didn't feel tired. I wanted to give Christina a chance to wake me up though. I laid there in bed for awhile and went back to sleep.

Logan and I just picked Christina up from school. I need to buy a new bus pass. Tonight is the perfect time to start a new pass as they have to be date stamped by an OC bus before the la bus will take it. I think there is a metro office at the train station. That would sell passes. I could also look up a Ralph's and go there. The train station is fairly close to Christina's school. We drive to the train station, park and look around. There is a restaurant here, but there isn't a metro office. We are near the tracks, I'm reading the things posted on the kiosk when Christina sees a train coming. I stop reading. We all stand there watching the train come. When it does come, it's strong and fast! Logan grabs hold of my left leg. Christina makes a scream, jumps back a bit and holds my other leg. I stand there, watching the train wiz by, holding both kids. I wish it had been going slower so I could have pointed out specific cars and what they were for. We talk some about the train being scary and about the cars. Then we walk in the tunnel underneath the tracks.

There is a bus parked here, waiting for his time to leave. We go over and I ask him where I can buy a monthly pass. He tells me I can go to a Ralph's. He also tells me how to get to the octa office. It isn't that far away, but there is a ralph's a little closer. I decide to go to the office anyway. I'd like to see what it's like. At the office, the lady asks for my birth year. This is getting frustrating! I may really have to die my hair or something! She explains that they recently lowered the age for a senior pass from 65 to 60 and that a lot of people don't know about it. So she always checks. I feel a little better. That's probably what was going on with the driver yesterday too. I still don't like the idea that so many people think I might be 60! For much of my life I've been mistaken for being younger than I am. I'm not sure how to handle being mistaken for being older! Right before we leave I think to ask her about the passes I've seen on Craigslist. She says some of them are real. People bought them and then don't need them. The bus company doesn't give refunds. So the people sell them on Craigslist. She also said there was a bunch stolen from the octa. They've disabled those. So if you bought them you'd be out of luck. How frustrating! I'd like to help someone out by buying their pass. It would help me out too. That'd be cool! But I don't want to give money to someone who has stolen something! Oh well, maybe by the time I need next month's pass the stolen ones will have filtered out. I think that would mean less ads overall. That would be measurable.

We're in the car, driving to a park. I'm realizing we won't have that much time at the park. We're driving past a Santa Ana nature center and park. I decide it would be better to go there and have more time at the park. Christina asks about the paw prints in the concrete, The kids have been here before, but I haven't. We go to the nature center first. The nice lady there pulls out a book and starts showing them how to identify what tracks belong to what animal. She also tells us that they are going to start showing a movie one Friday a month and asks me if I have a movie I'd like to see. I explain to her about the whole car / bus thing and don't give her a movie name because I probably won't be able to come to the movie. I left my purse and blog cards in the car. I wish I had one to give her. I'll have to remember to always carry one or two with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment