10.5.12

5/10/12 - Thursday Evening - Fell Asleep On The Bus!

5/10/12 - Thursday

It's almost time for Christian to come home. It's funny. He's not truly due until 6, as far as I'm concerned. He comes home earlier though. I've decided if he gets home in time for me to catch the 5pm bus, I'll take off quickly and do that. I've caught the last Norwalk bus by doing that before. It feels special to get a ride for that last little bit. If he's home later than that I'll stay and enjoy being with them all.

He came home right at 5! I'm staying. Nice to give him a chance to change and decompress a bit. Now the kids are swinging. He's pushing Logan. He and Christina are going over different animals, what they are and what they do. It's wonderful to watch them enjoying each other! Now that it's past the 5pm mark, I don't care when I leave.  I'm enjoying being here with them.

The kids are eating.  I kiss them both and give them hugs and say goodbye.  Off to the bus stop!

At the bus stop, I'm checking Google maps to find out what it thinks I should do.  I'm planning on doing the 54 to the 43 to the 460, like I have the last few times, but it's still nice to know what it thinks.

Google thinks I should take the route that includes the 42!  Ha!  I'm not doing that!  I check the second route.  That's the route I've taken sometimes, with 4 buses.  It's not bad though.  The 54 is here and I'm still debating!  Oh well!  The 54 is the first part of either of the trips I'm considering!  I get on and start trying to figure out time frames.

I think I might be able to do the same kind of thing I've done the last few times...  get to Disneyland just barely in time to catch the 460 up to Norwalk.  That would be cool!  I'm still set on going that way.

The time is getting later and we're no where close to where I get off for the next bus.  I'm realizing that today's trip didn't have enough time in it for that last minute run.  It's still possible that the 460 is late and I could catch it, though not probable.

I decide to go the other route Google wanted me to take.

Now that i'm on the 2nd bus in the set, i'm going to be on this bus for awhile.  I'm tired.  Maybe I'll doze for a bit.  I've got time.

I was just woken up by the bus driver saying this is the last stop!  I must have fallen asleep!  I've missed my stop!

I'm proud of myself.  I'm not panicked.  I am frustrated at myself, but not panicked.  I just get off the bus and consult google maps on my phone.  There has to be a way to get home from here.  There is!  I've got 10 minutes until the bus comes and then I'll be on my way again.  The funny part is that part of the reason I'd decided to go with the alternate bus route was that it ended with the 62, which has a stop closer to my apartment.  Now, having to adjust my route, the last bus on the route is the 460...  my normal bus.  So, I'll be getting off at my normal stop.

I'm hungry.  I think about searching this area for food, but I don't think I could get something and get back in 10 minutes and I don't want to miss the bus!

Oh wait!  I might have emergency food in my backpack!  I search it and pull out a stick of soy jerky and a single serving of dried seaweed.  This will hold me until I get home!

Three number 43 buses have pulled in while I've been waiting.  I don't think they would have scheduled 3 that close together.  That bus certainly does run on it's own schedule!

Our bus is late.  It's getting a bit chilly.

There it is now!  Finally on my way home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment