4.5.12

5/4/12 - Friday

5/4/12 - Friday

Drove Truck

After Yoga went to Plant Stand and used groupon coupon.
Once I got there I was worried about it because without my phone...  and with my caribeener watch / clock missing...  well, time can stand still!  But, it worked out perfectly.

II almost bought a climbing rose bush.  It was gorgeous!  But, it would have been the whole groupon pretty much and I'd bought it for either vegetables or flowers for the back yard.  Orchids got turned down for the same reason.  They had some lovely hanging fushias, but I have a place I love down near Carlsbad that always has lovely fushias.  So, decided to wait on them.

Anyway, brought home lots of flowers!  Not sure any of them will do well, but I figure I've got a 50/50 chance with each of them, which completely raises the odds of having plants live if you have a large selection .  ;-)

It was kind of nice too to realize that some things I already had...  like I like my spearmint better than the variety they had...  and I'm not totally sure my fennel is dead (got tromped on, etc), and I've got parsley already...

I did get lavender (my big purchase being $10.50 compared to the $3.79 of everything else),
basil,
rosemary (this should have been more but she didn't want to look up the price and it was a "left-over" so she gave it to me for cheaper)
a small orange christmas cactus (they attract hummingbirds - and, hey, it's a cactus, I'm good at not killing those!)
and a bunch of other stuff
only one of each though so things may need to spread or be spread out some by me to look right!  ;-)

Now I've got to figure out a time to plant the stuff!!!
Oh and finish putting up the shelving in the backyard
and of course make sure the drip system goes to everybody!


In the evening went to DD's for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment