20.5.12

Sunday - 5/20/12 - Memorial Service For Milly

Sunday - 5/20/12

Decided not to take truck up to LA for Memorial Service.
Will get there 1/2 hour early, just in case there are problems.
Take the 62 up, they don't ever ask for extra money.  So, I can go the whole 62 line with my octa bus pass!
Got off to make the transfer, couldn't figure out which bus stop it was. 
The bus drove past me!

Followed the bus down the street.  Finally came to a bus stop that said it stopped there.

Hispanic lady there who spoke no english.  She liked my scooter.  She was nice.

Google Maps says I'll get there right on time now.  Yay for flex time in the schedule!

On the next bus.
We hear a fire engine, the car in front of us jams on their brakes, the bus has to jam on it's breaks and swerve to avoid flattening the car.  There had been a man walking down the aisle at the time, carrying a baby.  He fell, twisting as he fell so he fell on his back, the lady in the seat nearest the front grabbed the baby out of his arms so the baby was safe.

Bus stopped to have them fill out forms, then bus stopped to have us all fill out forms.

THEN she announces that she only goes to the med center and asks if anyone got on the wrong bus.  I say I might have and tell her the stop I need to get off on.  She says this is a "short" bus and it says that on the readout and I should have known.  I tell her I'm not used to LA buses so didn't know there was such a thing as a short bus.

She checks my tap card, it doesn't have anything on it.  She says the next bus will give me a waver because I got on the wrong bus.  I have to wait here for the bus.

It's taking forever.
I'm feeling bad about being late.
I try to get a car here to drive me, no luck.
another short bus comes!

Finally the bus comes.

At the memorial service I didn't miss much.

Went to Theory labs after.

Was nice to see everyone.

Was nice to be there for Laura

Coming home, would have caught the right bus except I thought the bus stop was left of the driveway I exited from and it was right of it (all because I originally checked where the bus stop was when I was in the building and had to go a long way to get to the driveway, which I didn't consider.

There isn't going to be another bus for 45 minutes.  I don't want to stand here that long. 
I wonder what google maps would say if I went back to the stop where I got off the bus and tried that?

Now, it says I can catch a bus, but not at this stop.  I only have 8 minutes to get there!

Going up the overpass!

Got to the bus stop in time!  Even managed to verify it was the right stop!

I'm sure I know where the stop for the 460 is, I've looked carefully at the map on my phone to find it.  There isn't much time for the transfer.  I'm hoping the light is with us crossing the street.  It is!  I'm at the bus stop, and it has lots of signs for LA buses, but not one for the 460.  Now, what do I do?!

I start to go back, but ask the people around if they know where to catch it.  No one does.  One of the ladies says that's the 460 coming and I should flag it down, that they will stop for me.  I wave at the bus and it does stop.

I ask the bus driver where he normally stops.  First he ignores me, then I ask again, he says he always stops there.  I told him I hadn't seen the 460 sign there, so I thought he must have been going to a different stop.

Anyway, I'm on the bus and on my way home!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment