9.5.12

5/9/12 - Wednesday

5/9/12 - Wednesday

I'm awake. It's early still. I'm trying to convince my body to get a little more sleep. My mind is working on the things I need to do this morning. It won't let me go back to sleep. I grab a couple of papers and make lists. One list for things to do today. One for things to pack into my backpack for the sleepover tonight. One for things I need to do at Avalon. I'd thought making lists would clear my mind and let me sleep more. What it did was spur me into movement. It's going to be challenging to get everything done in time. There's a lot to do!

I'm planning on leaving an hour early. We've had some lovely sunny days. The bus I take to Avalon from Charles' stops at a couple of beaches. If I can take an earlier bus down, then I can stop and enjoy the beach for awhile. The main thing I need to do is work on the picture editing and get the eBay ad posted for Greg's porcelain. It's so close, but not done. I need to get it posted today. I won't be back at a place where I could work on this again until tomorrow night. It needs to happen today. It's getting later and later. All I've done is work on photo editing. I think it will be a great ad, or at least a good ad, but it's a lot of work and I'm not done yet. It's time I need to stop and pack if I'm going to leave at 10. I make the decision to stay and work, giving up on the beach. I'll just ride by it again. It'll be worth it though to get this one major thing crossed off my list. 

Still working on the photo editing. I had to research how to remove items from the photo's background. This isn't fun. I love learning, but not learning under pressure! Finally the editing is done, and I've loaded all the photos up to photobucket. I'm going to have to list the ad later, hopefully I'll have some lag time at work when I can do it. I'm focused on making sure I'll have everything with me to do it. As things were loading I packed. Nothing else I wanted to do before leaving is going to get done.

Charles just called to see if I'm returning the truck today. I hadn't called him. I tell him that I am returning it and that I'll be there around noon. He doesn't need it till tomorrow, but wanted to check. Getting there that late might make me late to work, but if I was going to get there earlier, I'd be walking out the door now. When he asked how I was, I told him I was feeling frantic. He said he could hear that in my voice. He still kept me on the phone, telling me about the events of the weekend. I'm glad I put gas in the truck the other day. One less thing to do today. It's nice to see Charles. It sounds like they had a good weekend. While he's telling me about it, I keep wondering if I should stop him and take off for the bus. I remind myself that people need listened to and acknowledged. I stay and listen. Soon he is talked out and ready to go on with his day. I get to the bus stop and then check with google maps to see when the next bus comes to the va hospital. I don't worry about asking when one will come here. There are four buses that go from here to there. There will be one soon. I don't have to check. Google says bus 1 will leave at 1:17. Heck! I could have stayed and talked more with Charles! I'll definitely be there On time for that! There is a bus sitting at the stop. It's driver is off on break. The bad thing about the buses sitting there is that when the bus is turned off, there is no way of telling what bus it is. Everyone stands outside the bus, hoping it's the bus they need. It turns out the bus that was sitting here is the 60. I wonder why google didn't route me on that? Oh well, I'm not going to worry about it. I'm looking forward to riding the one and seeing the ocean. It seems like the bus should be letting us on soon, but the driver is still on break. I hope I can get a window seat on the ocean side!

I swiped my bus pass and the little box said it was invalid! I looked at my card and realized it's expired! I was thinking it expired around the middle of the month! It expired on the 3rd. So, right after I borrowed the truck! How funny! I scramble and find change for the fare. After I sit back down, I start thinking about it. I won't be near a place to buy a ticket today and I have two more buses to go on. I check. If the driver will let me add to what I paid, I have enough for a daily pass. That would be the way to go.

Take bus to Tracye's in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment