26.5.12

Saturday - 5/26/12 - I Can't Get to The Yoga Center On Monday!

Saturday - 5/26/12

Wow.  I woke up this morning, got up, meditated for a bit and then went back to bed and slept an hour and a half more!  I must have been really behind on sleep!

The whole "holiday weekend" thing must be catching.  I feel very relaxed and like I have a holiday weekend, even though I don't.  I just have a normal weekend.

I spent the day doing odds and ends...  signing a new lease with an existing tenant, getting the rent package ready for the vacant unit, creating rental ads for the vacant unit, cooking kidney beans for freezing for later.  Nothing major.

I took a nap.  I figure all together today I've had 3 1/2 or 4 extra hours of sleep.  How's that for catching up on sleep?!

I decided to check on that new Amazon card (I'm still floored they would approve me for credit.)  I can't find out much about it.  Information will come in the mail.  Though it seems that it is funded by Chase.  That would be wild.  I've already got 3 different Chase cards.  This would be a 4th.  That's funny!  Oh well, in some ways I guess that's better.  You only have to go to one screen to check all of them.  ;-)

I marked down everything I have on eBay (except for the items that aren't mine) for the Memorial day weekend / week, with the sales ending at the end of the month.  Hopefully, that will get some things to sell, though I know most people are outside or traveling and aren't home shopping on their computers!

I had this long list of things to do today.  Most of it didn't get done.  That's OK.  I'm enjoying having some time to relax.

Sunday night class for tomorrow is canceled, which means I don't need to travel at all tomorrow.  That's a big time saver.  I have time to finish things.  I guess it is a holiday weekend for me!

All day I've avoided looking at the bus schedule to see when I need to leave for the holiday schedule.  It's evening and I'm finally looking at it.  This isn't good.  Google Maps basically says I can't get to the Yoga Center for Monday morning class.  Well, OK, it says I can get there, if I leave at 10:45pm on Sunday night.  That's awfully early to leave for a 7:30am class!  I check Metro.net.  Surely it will come up with something different!  Nope.  Nothing!  I've got a bus book for Long Beach.  I'm checking their system.  With the scooter I can travel farther, maybe if I caught the 91 or one of those down to Long Beach I could get to the Yoga Center from there.  No...  the first 91 of the day wouldn't get me to Long Beach in time to make it to the Yoga Center.  The first 460 of the day is a whole 1/2 hour after my "late" bus.  That means I probably can't make it to the Yoga Center before 8am and the 43 is running fewer route too, so it might be later than that.  How funny!  Had I known, I would have canceled class.  I don't know what to do now.  I have people counting on me to be there.  Everyone who would normally help in a crisis is out of town too.

I know Charles is off at the Lightening in a Bottle festival.  I try calling him anyway.  There is a chance he didn't take the truck and there is a chance the key is somewhere I could find it.  He doesn't answer.  He doesn't keep his phone with him on a normal day.  Even I don't have my phone with me at festivals.  I'm sure I won't be able to get him.  I'm not ready to put gas in the truck, either, not with having less work during the summer.  It would be better than just not showing up for class though.

I could call either RK Das or Radha and ask if they are available to substitute.  I don't want to though.  It's a holiday.  I made a choice to keep the class going during the holiday.  It's not fair to ask them at the last minute.  They didn't make that choice.

Sometimes Google will give you different answers depending on where you are.  I'm checking different areas around here, just in case I could get there from one of those areas.  No luck.

Well, I bet I could sleep over at Charles'.  It's not as good as staying home, but if I could then get to the Yoga Center in time, i'd be worth it.  Nope.  Google Maps says that doesn't work either.

Tracye wouldn't mind having me sleep over there for a night.  There's the 71 that goes right by there.   Huh. The 71 isn't running that early either.

I'm not sure what to do now.  Maybe I'll look into prices to rent a car.  If I could pick a car up late enough on Sunday I'd only have to rent it for one day.

You know what happens when you panic?  Things that are normally right there hide from you.  I was going to find the coupons in the Entertainment book and then call and find out car rental prices.  I can't find the book though!

I guess I need to let this set for a bit.  Give myself time to digest my options.  I'm just really frustrated right now.  None of the options seem good!




No comments:

Post a Comment