5.4.12

Upsets And Home - 4/5/12

Thursday - 4/5/12

Today would be my day to sleep in. But I can't. The phone rang early and woke me. Right now I have an apartment up for rent at two different places that I manage. When I have units for rent I forward the calls to my cell phone. People call those numbers all hours of the day. They're expecting a machine, not someone's home. Though the phone number for the complex where I live is my home phone.

I'm tired. I haven't been sleeping well lately. I don't think I could fall back asleep though. Maybe if I get up and do some things i'll be able to sleep later.

My current art project is on the floor. A friend of mine is in the final stages of cancer. They are putting up prayer flags for her and her family. She's said that we could each make a flag for it, with our handprint on it. I did the handprint part Tuesday. I put prints of both my hands. It felt right. Now I have to cut and sew it a bit. I want to get it into the mail today. I think I'm going to avoid it for awhile. Working on it reminds me of the fact that TONI died and that Milly may die. I don't seem to be handling any of that well.

It's noon. I had just laid down for a nap when Richard called and asked if I could help him with an audio conversion. He's trying to slowly convert his album collection to cd.  Too bad about missing the nap, but maybe that means I'll sleep tonight.

I'm back now. He gave me some things to gift on freecycle. He's starting to go through his wife's things and see what they don't need any more. I think he's lonesome. He's been her caregiver for so long, having her in a convalescent center, well, that's different.

I need to work on the flag now. My iPod is acting up and won't play. I put on beakman's world for some background noise. After cutting the material, I'm not happy with the way the flag looks. I think i'm going to scrap this one and do it over.

I like the new version much better. I hope it will be ok for the project. It's a far cry from the assignment to have a piece of cloth made into a flag with a handprint on it. Here is the flag I made.





 It's late. I'm tired, but I don't feel like I can sleep. I'm laying on the couch watching a movie (21 dresses), hoping to get relaxed enough to sleep. The movie is almost over. All of a sudden there is thick black smoke coming out of the tv!  I rush over, tilt it forward so I can reach the cords and unplug the power cord .

t's 1 in the morning. I'm not sleeping, I'm posting and writing people on Facebook. The TV dying was the final straw. I'm not handling it well. Part of it is probably lack of sleep part is probably my churned up feelings about Milly's illness and Toni's death the TV is a big part too though.   I use it for creating "down time" I don't want to give that up, yet at the same time, this year is about becoming financially free and buying a new TV seems counter to that

No comments:

Post a Comment