4.4.12

Returning The Truck - 4/4/12

Wednesday 4/4/12

Today is the day I return the truck to Charles.  I've been kind of dreading that.  I've felt like Cinderella, having a carriage.  I wonder what Cinderella felt like when the carriage turned back into a pumpkin?  I'm very grateful to have had the truck as long as I did, and a little hesitant about going back to riding the scooter.  I'm going to do it though.  You don't stop going toward your goals just because it becomes uncomfortable.  You think of the end result (being financially free) and move forward!

I didn't sleep well last night and am moving slowly today.  There are so many things I wanted to do yesterday to prepare for today: packing my backpack, doing laundry, doing a heavy shopping run to Trader Joes, etc...  It just didn't happen.

I hope to leave by 10am for Charles' place.  That way I can stay and socialize some when I get there.  If I leave early enough I might run out to Trader Joe's (fairly close,) pick up the heavy groceries I was going to get yesterday.  I'll be OK without them, but I'm out of potatoes and olives and it would be nice to get them.   I need to make a deposit for Villa Tuscany too.

Getting the deposit ready is one of the things that didn't happen yesterday.  I have to do that before I can leave.  I need to pack up the ebay item that sold and put the box into the mail too.

I'm taking the bus home tonight.  It's lovely out now, but I wonder what the weather will be like tonight?  I check goggle and it says a low of 48 tonight.  I'll pack my long johns and change into those right before I leave for home, just in case.

I almost forgot to take the green cuttings from the backyard to add to Charles' compost!  I run back into the apartment to get that.

I'm finally leaving!  It's 11am.  I'm not late.  I'm definitely not early though.  I decide not to stop at the bank on the way.  That could make me late.  If I pass one along the way, I'll stop, otherwise I might have to wait till tomorrow to make the deposit.

The police have some kind of barricade / road check on 7th street in Long Beach.  It's not affecting my driving to Charles' but it should affect the bus making it to the transfer point on time.  I think no matter what I do today, I'll be late to catch the 2nd bus.  I've been a little frustrated at myself for getting out of the apartment so late.  I wanted to spend some time at Charles visiting with everyone.  Since the road block is there, I've made up my mind to take a little bit of time to sit an socialize.  I think I'm early enough to do some and the buses will be running late.  It will all work out somehow.

I've just parked the truck at Charles'.  No one is outside.  I call him to let him know I'm here.  He had been taking a nap.  He came out all groggy and not in a social mood.  He took the key, gave me a hug, told me that everyone was gone and that he was going back to bed.  I guess I'm not going to stay and visit!  I head off for the bus stop.

I haven't checked the route.  I'm comfortable with the fact that I have to get to the first bus stop, catch the first of 4 buses (91, 92, 93, or 94) that come by and go to the veterans center.  While I wait at the veterans center I can check the bus route.  I really want to take bus 1.  I like riding down near the ocean.  It's a pity I'm not leaving early enough to stop on the way.  It's a gorgeous day!

We got to the transfer point in plenty of time.  There are three OCTA buses sitting there with their drivers off on breaks.  When the buses are turned off their lights are off too.  There is no way to tell which bus is the 1. I ask one of the people waiting.  She doesn't know.  I go up to the bus at the very front of the three.  That way, as the others turn on their lights, I'll be able to tell which number they are.  The 50 is the first to take off.  The 60 is next.  The last one must be the 1!  Google maps tells me that I can get off at a different stop this time and catch the 71.  That will take me all the way to Avalon with very little scooter time!  It's even going to get me there 25 minutes early!

I just had a thought!  I wonder if I could take the bus to the US bank that I know, on 17th street and still get to work on time, since it's saying I'm 25 minutes early.  It would be great to get the deposit done!  I don't know the address of the US bank, to put into Google maps.  I'm using the Yoga Center address, since it is fairly close.  Google maps says it's doable!

Riding on the bus, I want to watch the ocean.  I keep dozing.  I've figured out that I can ride the bus a little farther and catch the 55 to the bank.  I'm proud of myself for figuring that out.  I haven't ridden the 1 this far south.  When I rode the 55 before, they announced that stop was a transfer point for the 55 and the 1.

I'll need to use the scooter to get from the bank to Avalon, but I should still get there in time.




No comments:

Post a Comment