30.4.12

Monday - 4/30/12 - Thank you again chase!

Monday - 4/30/12

My phone alarm woke me up.
Very glad to be home, sleeping in my own bed.  I love my apartment.  I love my bed.
Have to do reports.
Finish, grab what I can and go.

Go to the far bus stop since I'm running a little late.

One other person walks up right after me, so I know the bus is still coming.

It's a warmer day than we've been having.  I'm filling a little too hot on the bus.  I may have to change to wearing no long johns or lighter weight ones when I leave in the morning.

Going to the Chiropractors I chose to scooter rather than bus

Going to Avalon, I automatically went shopping at Mother's

Chose to scooter rather than bus.


You know (and have now heard several times) my story of calling Chase to try and make a payment and having them wave 3 months worth of interest.

Today, I was looking at the Techbargains.com sale page and they happened to mention a deal on a new card from chase...  a "chase slate" card.  My mind went, there is no way they'll approve me.  I already have 2 credit cards with chase...  and this would be a lower interest rate and NO interest on transfers for 15 months.  So, I decided on a lark to go ahead and fill out the form and apply.

They gave me an instant approval for $1600!  
Which is cool!  Once I get the card and the paperwork I'll transfer that much money from my higher interest rate chase account to this account and have no interest on it for 15 months!  I'll have an extra credit card payment, but I don't think that will be a problem.

So, then, I decided that I should once again call Chase and ask for a lower interest rate since a different branch of chase just gave me a lower interest rate.
So, I called.  The person on the other end of the line was Indian, hard to understand and unhelpful.  He basically told me that my account was reviewed in February and that nothing could be done for another 6 months when it would be reviewed again.  He couldn't even tell me why my rate wasn't lowered.

So, I asked to talk to a manager.
And, was put on hold,
and sat on hold for 30 minutes (I'm not kidding!)

I got this nice lady who basically explained to me that they review my account every six months and they can't do anything in-between.  I explained to her that I like Chase and would like to stay with chase (not that I actually have options for going elsewhere) but they are the highest interest rate I have and that even Chase just gave me a lower interest rate so I don't understand why this branch of chase can't.

She started talking about helping me out with crediting me some interest back.
My ears perked up of course.
I was sure as she was looking at my account she'd see that I was just given 3 months of interest and would tell me she can't do anything (and it was obvious that she was looking at my account to make sure I was making my payments, etc).

But, she ended up making it so I won't pay any interest for the next three months!

How cool is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment