17.4.12

Tuesday - 4/17/12

Tuesday - 4/17/12

Taking a long time to get around
Went to Farmer's Market
No organics
asked the one guy about organics he made a ug and turned and walked away
bought some non-organic fruit
walked down it all again
asked one more place about organics (looked more professional with a t-shirt with the farm name on)
they said they are all organic and showed me their certs
I told them they need a sign saying that.
They said they have one and put it up for the other markets, but at this market no one cares.
I pointed out that I care and I almost didn't ask.
It didn't phase them.
We had a conversation about the fact the neighborhoods around are Hispanic, Korean, or Indian and none of those cultures care yet about organics.
I asked about golden beets.
They said they raise them, but people at this market don't want them so they don't bring them.
I pointed out that I'm here and want them.
I asked if I could call them the weeks I'll be here and ask them to bring some.  She said they often sell out over the weekend, at that farmer's market.
They even pointed out one other customer who goes to them because she wants organics
I told them once again that they should put a sign up
they said no one here cares.

I bought my vegetables.  She asked me if I had my own bag, I said yes.
She said she only asked because the people at her other markets bring their own bags so she thought I might.

End up re-packing into backpack and leaving.

Old guy getting off bus... kind of blocking way for a different old guy getting on

Take bus to Indian section, only a block away from the Indian grocery I like to shop at!
Shopped, ran into yc student there, talked for awhile
worried about time.
Nothing to worry about, way early.

Went down the street hoping for another market to look in, hadn't bought one item I'd wanted.
no indian things on this side of the street!

Really thirsty.  Water is packed under cabbage!
Found another bus stop, don't want to go past this one, still at least 20 minutes before next bus.
Starbucks here.
Went looking through 99 cent store.
Bought water and water bottles with clips.

Same old guy getting onto bus here, must have been to drug store or something.

Caught bus back to my bus stop, then scooter home.

No comments:

Post a Comment