15.4.12

Sunday - 4/15/12

Sunday - 4/15/12

I slept over at Alex's last night. He has this amazing house he calls Gemini manor. His house is this ever changing ever growing art piece of his, with amazing bits and pieces of rescued, repurposed stuff in hundreds of nooks and crannies, scattered all across the place it's one of the places you should see when you are in la. Laying here in the morning I'm enjoying the sunlight from the window playing on all the pieces in this room. There's a lovely fairy up hiding near a flower lamp. The light isn't catching her. I wonder if it does some other time in the day?

I haven't seen Alex in ages. He takes me through his place, showing me all of the new wonders he's added to this wonderful creation he lives in. He introduces me to all of the neighborhood stray cats too We went out for a picnic brunch. It's been nice having this time away, but it's time for me to go. I check google maps to make sure I should go home the same way I came up. It says yes. I ask Alex to point me to where to catch the red line. We have a bit of a moment. He tells me I should be asking for the subway station. I hadn't thought of that. He's right though. That will make it easier if I ever have to ask anyone else.

Getting to and finding the subway station was easy. Finding the red line was easy too. Oops! Maybe a little too easy! I'm down where you catch the red line and I've somehow walked in without using my tap card and paying them. Nothing to do but trudge back upstairs with my heavy pack and awkward set up and pay for the ticket. Somewhere along the way here I'd had the realization that while my black bag is too bulky to strap onto my backpack, it's only holding my raincoat and I can probably spread my raincoat out more than it is in the bag and could probably clip that on top of the backpack. I'd been going to wait till I was on the train to do the re-shuffling. But, it's Sunday and the trains aren't running as frequently. So, I decide to do it now and hope the train doesn't come while I'm in the middle of doing it. There! It's done! Now I just have the backpack and scooter to carry! The red line train gets here, the door opens and it's packed inside. I see the silliness of having waited where everyone else was. I decide to try for a different train entrance. It's door is closing as I come up to it. I automatically stick my scooter handle into the door to signal it to re-open. That was easy! I'm proud of myself for doing it so easily! This train car is full too, though not as full as the other one.

I sit down next to a lady and her daughter. At one of the stops a man gets on and hands everyone pens with a note on the package saying he is deaf and asking for a one dollar donation. I don't have any extra change, in fact I've been wondering if I have enough for the bus. He made change for my five. After he left, I asked the little girl if she liked to draw and gave her the pen. It's one of those that have four colors. I would have loved that when I was a kid! I'm off the subway and need to find where to catch the bus. This is the part I'm not sure of. How to get out of here and to the bus stop the subway has exits to a few different streets. Google had said I needed a flower street bus stop and there are signs to a flower street exit. So I go there. Ok. Neither of these streets are flower street and there is some huge bike thing happening. They have roads blocked off with bikes riding by. I wonder what that's going to do to the bus schedule?

No comments:

Post a Comment