13.4.12

Friday Morning - 4/13/12

Friday Monring - 4/13/12

Last night I fell asleep on the floor in front of the TV.  With suddenly having a working media center computer and having spent most of the day clearing and re-arranging, I gave myself some time off.  The media center computer is the only one fast enough to try and play games on.  So, I sat I front of it to play for a bit.  At one point I was waiting for a response and wasn't feeling tired.  I put head down for a bit to relax, and that was the end of that.  I woke up once in the evening and was mostly still asleep.  Too groovy to make it to the bed and aware enough to know that sleeping on the floor was silly.  I managed to move myself over to the couch before passing out again.  The next time I woke up, I made it into the bedroom, only to realize I'd never moved the stuff off of the bed and into the new wardrobe closet.  So, I did that and set my alarm.  By that time I was awake.  I sat down and did some of the reports for work.

Now, I'm ready to go to bed, and it's 2:30 in the morning.  I get up at 3:15 to catch the bus!  After debating what to do, I reset my alarm for a half hour later.  Almost everything I need to do in the morning is done.  I think I'll be ok with that and I do need some more sleep.

I heard the music go off for the alarm, but was still tired so I laid there for awhile.  All of a sudden I'm awake!  There is no music playing!  That's bad!  It's 4:25!  That's when I'm supposed to be walking out the door to go to the bus!  Why did my alarm music stop?  Arrrgggg!!


I rush to get around and out the door.  I wasn't as together as I thought.  I can't find my silk long-johns anywhere.  It's cold outside and I'm not leaving without them!  It's supposed to rain today, but it isn't raining yet.  I decide to wear my yellow rain jacket over my regular jacket, and stick my rain pants into a bag that I'll attach to my backpack rather than wearing them for this part of the trip.

Finally, I'm out the door!  I've decided to go to the alternate bus stop, just in case there is a chance of catching the 1st bus.  I'm to the gate of my apartment complex when I realize I don't have my phone!  The phone is one of the few things I absolutely can't leave behind.  I turn around and go get it.

I'm sure there is no way I'll catch the 1st bus now.  I'm still going to the alternate bus stop, and still going as fast as I can, just in case.  My legs seem tired today.  I don't feel like I am going as fast as I can, but it will have to do!  There ahead at the stoplight, I see the bus come out, do it's turn and leave.  At least I can slow down now.  I know I've missed it.  Or... I think that's my mind playing tricks on me!  I had just been thinking about how far away this bus stop is.  There is no way that stoplight is the right one for the bus stop.  It's farther away, not visible yet!  I keep pushing to get there.

I get to the stop and check my clock.  I've definitely missed the first bus.  Oh well, I know the second bus will get me there, just later and with another push on the scooter, which I'm not looking forward to!  I'm really glad I can get there, though, and it isn't raining so lots of blessings!  I put my things down and squat down to wait for the bus.  There are tables back a ways, next to the restaurant.  I don't want to wait back there for fear of the bus not seeing me.

Riding on the bus, someone says something about how few people are on the bus.  I realize they are right!  This bus, at this time of the day is normally crowded and it's not.  There are only a handful of us on it!  I wonder if it is the rain that kept people away?

Once in a very great while I can catch an earlier connector bus than I'm supposed to be catching.  I hope that happens today!  If it does happen, it would save me the rushing to get to the Yoga Center.  I check Google and note the time the next bus is supposed to be leaving (6:18.)  That way I'll know if I've caught an earlier one, or the normal one.

No luck, it was the regular bus.  There aren't many people on this bus either.  I'm hoping we will get there faster because of that.  I know we won't.  I know they have to run on a schedule.  Nothing to do but sit back and wait.

I don't take the third bus in the series (the 55) when I'm riding at the later time.  It would get me to the Yoga Center too late, or so Google Maps says.  I've noticed in the past that often there is a 55 bus going past the first stop on 17th street, right about the time I'm at that stop.  I'm wondering if I should try and catch that bus.  If I can catch it, I could get to the Yoga Center a few minutes early and be able to shed some of my insulated clothing before the students arrive.

I'm here at the bus stop for the 55.  There was someone already here waiting.  So, I know I haven't missed it.  At the same time, I don't know when it is coming, or if it is on time.  If I stay here and wait for it and it doesn't come, I'll get to class late and I don't want to do that!  Thank goodness!  That's the bus!  I'm not only going to make it, I'm going to be a few minutes early and for today, that's good enough!

This bus is crowded.  Interesting.  The only one so far this morning that is.

Friday night - 73 stranded me at the ocean!
577 is a direct route!

No comments:

Post a Comment