27.4.12

Friday - 4/27/12

Friday - 4/27/12

I don't care how much sleep you've gotten. Three fifteen in the morning is early! The alarm went off. I'm laying here trying to talk myself out of pressing the snooze button. Oh yeah. I go to my yoga retreat tonight. Mary is going to pick me up from work. I have to get up now. I need to pack anything that couldn't be packed earlier in the week. Toothbrush, vitamins, things like that.

Now that I'm awake I remember that I need to send the info on the deposit I just made and fill out and mail the deposit sheet for that and today's deposit to jamboree.

I've finished the deposit info. I had hoped to do the rent roll today and send that in, also I have an eBay item to mail out. No time for any of that though. I grab the item and packing materials and put them into my backpack. I'll ship it from Avalon. Time to rush around and finish dressing. I check the place a few times to see if there is anything I need for the retreat that I'm forgetting. It feels like there is, but I can't think of anything. I put on my Mickey mouse hat, pod belt, gloves and backpack and take off. The backpack feels way too light. I keep reminding myself that everything was pre-staged and pre-packed and is at Avalon. Still, it feels too light.

I think I'd be cutting the timing too close to go to my regular stop. So, I decide to go to the alternate stop. It's farther Away, but it's also later on the route. So, I have a better chance of catching it.

I realized I forgot my sun hat! I don't know what to do! I'm 2 blocks away from home. If it were just about today, I'd leave it. I feel like I need it for the retreat, though. I make a decision, turn around and go back for it. This will probably mean I have to catch the second bus. I don't want to do that, but I do want my hat. There it is! Inside my apartment laying right next to the door. I grab it, fasten it to my belt, lock the door and take off again.

The hat keeps hitting my leg as I go this may drive me nuts I take a moment and readjust it so it isn't flopping around as much at least.

I suspect that I've never gotten up to the maximum speed the scooter can do. I also suspect that it needs new wheels, but today, at points, I am definitely moving fast. I like being to the yoga center a half hour before class and I have to catch the first bus to be able to do that. So even though I don't think there is any hope of catching the first bus, I'm doing my best to try. I suppose I should have left the hat behind, not gone back for it, it's a decision I made though and I have to be OK with that.

I'm winded, but I'm at the bus stop. I take a moment to fold up the scooter and take off my gloves. It's only 4:57! I not sure what time the bus gets to this stop, but I might have made it! I check google maps it says the bus is coming in three minutes! I didn't miss it! I bend down to stick my Sun hat into my backpack. When I stand up, the bus is there, across the street, waiting for the light. Wow! Yay! On the bus I sit down next to a 30-something gentleman who is sleeping. Along the way he wakes up once and looks around. I tell him we are at knots berry farms, he goes back to sleep. At the end of the line, Disneyland, my seat mate wakes up and gets off. The bus driver has to get up and wake up a gentleman sleeping in the back though.

There is an older woman getting on the bus carrying a princess reusable bag over her shoulder and a large rectangular suitcase. She seem a bit uncertain. One of the men sitting up front Gets up and carries her suitcase on for her. When she gets off at Disneyland he carries it off for her too. She says she is going on vacation and needs to take the 83 next. He tells her when the 43 shows up and that her bus should be next. We get onto the 43 and take off.

Mary takes me to yoga retreat after work.  We go for pizza before we head off!

No comments:

Post a Comment