9.10.12

Tuesday - 10/09/12 - my birthday!

Tuesday - 10/09/12

It's my birthday and Catalina cruises is giving away a free trip to Catalina on your birthday. So, my friend Scott and I are going! I'm excited! Catalina is so close, but I've never been there.

I'm getting all tense about packing for the day. I want to make sure I get out of the house on time. I'm not sure what to wear. I figure it will be cold on the boat with the wind and then hot during the day. I finally decide on layers. I'm going to wear some lightweight silk long johns and a jacket. I think those will easily pack into my daypack later. I also decided to wear my brand new blinky light shoes (it is my birthday after all) and bring sandals along just in case.

Wow. I'm out the door! On time too! Oh my gosh! There's a huge pink stuffed pig in front of the apartment complex! I have to stop and take a picture! It's just not something you see every day! That has to be a really good sign that today is going to be magical!




There are several guys here at the bus stop. I'm the only woman. When the bus comes the one man signals to me to get on first and everyone waits. How nice! That doesn't normally happen!

I'm supposed to get off at the Lakewood exit. The bus is announcing the stops. So I should be able to find it.

I loved spending the day in Catilina!  For a little bit I could relax and just be and not worry about getting somewhere or doing something.






No comments:

Post a Comment