16.10.12

Tuesday - 10/16/12 - Birthday Party!

Tuesday - 10/16/12

It's my birthday!
Well, OK  it isn't.  Last Tuesday was.  Today is the day I'm celebrating with my grandkids.  I'm excited!  One of my favorite moments last year was having both kids running at me yelling "Happy Birthday!"

I'm supposed to be at their place by noon.  I don't have to leave till 9:30.  Still, there isn't much time.  I slept in this morning, waking up a few times, realizing I was still tired and going back to bed.

I left the apt in a hurry.  I have everything I wanted to bring, but I'm here at the bus stop rearranging it all.  It's bothering me that there's someone's food trash on the bench.  It's all spread out too.  I want to get my stuff arranged first, before dealing with it.  There's the bus!  I just finished re-packing everything when it showed up.   Hah!  I managed to scoop up the trash and throw it away on the way to get on the bus!  Win!

At the 2nd bus stop there's a lot of trash here.  I had to return a call first.  Now I only have 3 minutes before my bus comes.  I'm debating the worth of digging out a glove and picking up trash.  I decide to do it!   At least I'll get some of it!   Heck, maybe I'll pick up trash at every bus stop on my way there as a "happy birthday to me!"  A cleaner world definitely would be a good present for me.

That's cool!   A car drove by, honked and waved at me.  He must have noticed that I was picking up trash!   Nice to be appreciated!  I'm wondering if some of this trash might have been pulled out of the can by animals.  It is an open can and mostly fast food trash (well, that and cigarette butts.)  I don't see signs of things being chewed though.  So, maybe not.  There's the bus!   I got most of the immediate trash at least!

I was waiting for the bus to announce my stop before I pulled the cord.  I didn't want to accidentally pull it early and I'm not totally sure where the bus stop is.  The bus announced the stop right as we were passing it! That means when I pull the cord the driver assumes it's for the next stop.  Arrggg.  I go up and tell the driver what happened.  I know he can't let me off right here, even though we're stopped at the light.  We're not next to a curb and their rules say they have to let us off at a curb.  I ask if he could let me off at the other side of the light.  He's nice and does.  He could have insisted I wait and get off at the next stop.  As I get off the bus, one of the other passengers tells me to have a nice day.

I'm at the bus stop waiting for the 71.  I'm at this stop for 20 minutes in the sun with no bench or shade.  It's a shame!  There's a lot of trash around that I'd gladly pick up, but no trash can.  With no trash can, I have to leave the trash.  I'm just standing here looking at it, trying to figure out what I'd do with it if I did pick it up.  I know buses don't come early, but I hope this one does!  At least I have a good audio book I'm listening too.  It's "Living The Seven Habits" by Steven Covey.

I'm in the Tracye's kitchen.  She and Christina have gone back into the hallway.  Christina comes out and announces that I can't stay very long after lunch.  I "have to" go to the spa!  They've arranged a pedicure for me at Burke Williams.  I love that place!  It has a hot tub, steam room, sauna and even quiet rooms. I'll be able to use it all while I'm there!

Tracye's loaning me her car until Thursday, when I come back in the morning to watch the kids. I'm taking it now to go to the spa, then I'll come back afterward for the dinner.  The kids are helping to make my dinner!

What a wonderful time it was at the spa!   They specifically said no texting or emailing or phone calls.  It made me realize how much I don't unplug and how much I push myself to accomplish.  I do stop the cycle for my time with the kids, but I'm not really sure I do it for myself.  I'm going to have to try and work that in somehow.  I wish I could come here one day a month...   Just take one day, go early, hang out, rotate between hot tub, sauna, steam room, quiet room, read a book and spend the whole day unplugged!   It would be wonderful!  This is the hot tub there.  I love it!



My toes look great and my feet feel all pampered!  My hands are jealous though! ;-)

Back at Tracye's I have more presents!  I love having this time with everyone!  Christina made me a "Happy Birthday" banner.  She picked out the pasta for my spaghetti, as well as tore apart all the pieces for the salad and poured the water for me.  Logan presented me with a pewter angel they got for me.  She specifically watches over Grandmas.  They gave me a necklace, flowers and a huge bouquet of balloons too (I do love balloons - they know me well!)  I forgot to take pictures of the bouquet of balloons.  But here are the two Mylar ones.  Logan picked out the one with the dinosaur for me and Christina got me the one with the flowers.



No comments:

Post a Comment