18.10.12

Thursday - 10/18/12 - Returning The Car

Thursday - 10/18/12

Tracye texted me yesterday that she doesn't have to go to court first thing.  She's on call instead.  This means I didn't need to show up there at 6am (yay!), and that I'm on call too.  If she does get called in, I'll have to immediately head over there, turn the car back over to her and watch the kids while she's gone.  I hope she doesn't have to go in.  This is her "day off."  It doesn't seem much like a day off, if she has to be at court for all or part of it.

I still need to return the car to her.  I've got a safety meeting for Jamboree this morning.  Since I need to go to Brookside for that anyway, I think I'll drive the car back to her from there.  That should give me the maximum possible time home today (after the bus ride back home) to work on eBay.

A new Dollar Tree store opened up on the way to Tracye's.  I'm stopping to look for some metal strips.  I want to set up an area of wall to display Christina and Logan's artwork.  I think I also want to put up an area for myself and Tracye.  I'm thinking one magnetic strip for each of us would work.  That way I could hang the art works whatever way they work, using magnets.

I didn't find anything I could use for the metal strip.  I found several other things though!  Even the glass cutting board I've been wanting!  It turns out that brand new dollar stores are very well stocked!  I spent a lot more time than I planned.

I'm beginning to wonder if dollar stores are part of why a lot of Americans seem to have lost their work ethic.  I mean, if you can get so much for $1 each, far less than you could make it for, where is the drive or push to learn how to create those things?

I stop and put gas in Tracye's car right before I get to her place.  Another $20 spent.  This year of doing things differently is certainly bringing it home to me not only how much gas costs, but that gas is used by driving, even by driving a little and the result of that is spending money.

At Tracye's Christina wants me to stay tonight. I'm not going to, but I will stay for awhile.  So much for having lots of time at home to work on eBay.  I keep making that time smaller and smaller.  Time with Tracye and the kids is always special and worth it though.

The 54 just pulled up.  It's the first bus on my 3 bus trip home (it seems to generally take me 3 buses to get anywhere.)  The driver isn't collecting our money and is telling us to get on at the back because there's more space there.  It's packed, standing room only.  It's nice of him to try and get us in.  A young man in his late teens, early twenties, who is sitting down asks me if I want his seat.  Since I'm carrying my backpack, a large bag of things from the 99 cent store and my scooter, I say "yes."  It's hard to stand, hold on, and not poke anyone with anything while carrying all of that.

Wow.  I just woke up on the couch!  I fell asleep watching a TV show not long after getting home.  I'm still tired.  I'm going to clean the place a bit and then go to bed.  I guess I won't be working on eBay today.

No comments:

Post a Comment