15.10.12

Monday - 10/15/12 - Tired of long days

Monday - 10/15/12

I don't want to go.  I don't want to start that three hour trip and the long day.  I'm laying in bed, trying not to get up.

The other side of it is that I have so much.  I'm so blessed to be able to teach yoga!   I have a warm roof over my head and food whenever I want it.  There's much to be grateful for and nothing to complain about.  Sure, it would be nice to stay home another day, sleep and work on getting rid of this sinus infection.  I'd miss teaching though.

Time to get up and get around and forget the grouchies!

I'm hoping to get out of the house at 15 after, rather than 4:30.  It would be nice to just know I was on time!  I've been trying this for awhile and haven't managed it.  Today might be the day!  Though I do have the Monday morning reports to finish.

All my reports are finished and I'm heading out.  It's 4:30.  I didn't manage leaving early, but at least I'm on time! It's the closer bus stop for me!

I'm scootering to the bus stop.  It's fun!  The world is quiet and magical this time of the morning.  I don't know why I was grouching!  How many people get to play on their way to work in the morning?!  I love the blinky lights in my scooter wheels!

There's an ambulance and fire truck parked on the road.  On ahead I can see blinking lights.  The police have the road closed.  I wonder if it's OK to go through on the sidewalk?  There's no one here to ask and everything looks quiet.  I'm going to chance it.  If I try to go around, I'll miss my bus!

I'm past the blocked off street (yay!) and to the bus stop.  Wow.  That looks like the bus down the road!   I didn't think I was cutting it that close!  I'm glad I made the bus!

Yoga is over.  I'm heading over to Avalon.  I'm going to Costco today with Charles. I think we are going in the middle of the day, before my work. I'm hoping to convince him to wait and go after my work. That way he could take me home afterward and I wouldn't have to do the long bus ride.

Charles just called.  He's sick.  No Costco run or ride home today.

The sinus infection is bothering me a bit.  I decide to try once again to catch the earlier bus.  I want to be sure I'll get home by 8:30.  I don't like leaving work early, but it will be OK today.

I'm at the bus stop.  It's 5:55.  I text OCTA to see when the next bus is supposed to show up.  They say there's one at 6:07.  That's the one that didn't seem to come when I tried on Friday.  I really hope it comes on time today!

A number 43 bus is going by for the other direction.  Yay!  When it turns around that should be our bus!  It won't be able to get back here by 6:07, but at least there will be an earlier bus!  I'm going to make it home by 8:30!  Woo Hoo!

I'm going to set google maps on my phone to the bus route.  That way I'll know what time the connection haappens.  Huh.  Google maps wants me to take a whole different way home.  That way depends on a connection between the 173 and the 1 though, and I know the 173 sometimes misses that connection.  I've been stranded by that before.  Though, if I'm going to be stuck somewhere for an hour waiting for a bus, being stuck at the beach would be better than where I'd get stuck if this route is late.  I'm debating it.  If I'm going to take that bus I need to leave now to get to the other bus stop.  Wait.  The last bus on that other route is an LA bus.  My bus pass doesn't cover it.  I'd have to pay $1.50.  I know this bus is coming.  I saw it.  I'll stick with this route.

It's 6:15.  The bus never came.  There's another 43 bus going by in the wrong direction.  That would be the one that's supposed to be here at 6:22.  According to the schedule, I can still make the 460 if I take the 6:22 bus, but I know that's not necessary true.  The 43 has been running late and I've been missing the connection.  Now I'm wishing I'd tried the 173 route.

Here's the bus.  Right at 6:22.  I'm going to have to call OCTA tomorrow and see why they say there's a bus that comes at 6:07 when there isn't.  This is the 2nd time I've been on time for it and it hasn't seemed to come at all.  Nothing to do now but cross my fingers that we'll get to Disneyland on time for me to make the bus home.

The problem with one bus disappearing is that it makes the next bus run late.  There are double the people to load.  Double the people getting off at different stops.  Double the people fumbling trying to put dollar bills into machines.  The chances of me making the 460 are getting slimmer and slimmer.

It's 7:00.  The 460 I need to catch to get home at 8:30 leaves at 7:14.  I can catch it a little further down at a different bus stop (if I'm lucky) around 7:18.  We're not in Anaheim yet.  I don't think there's any way we'll make it.

It's 7:23.  The bus just dropped me off at Disneyland.  I'm going to scooter down to the last bus stop for the 460 before the freeway, just in case.  I don't think there's any way I'll catch the bus though.  The 460 normally leaves on time.  It would have already passed that stop.

I wish there was a bench at this bus stop.  I've waited a bit and the 460 hasn't come.  I definitely missed it.  I guess I'll sit on the concrete and meditate while waiting.  It won't be that long till the next 460, but it means I won't be home till 9.  That seems so late.

A group of people just came by.  It could be one family and a few friends.  They're all in costume.  The costumes are great!  Heck, there's even Princess Leiah and a storm trooper.  I'm worried about the storm trooper.  It looks like they're heading to Disneyland and Disneyland has a rule against costumes that cover your face.  It's such a good costume.  I really hope they are going somewhere that the person can wear it!

On the bus, there's someone here on the bus very quietly playing acoustic guitar.


No comments:

Post a Comment