20.10.12

Saturday - 10/20/12 - Doing Errands With The Bike!

Saturday - 10/20/12

I messed up a couple of days ago and paid a bill one day late.  I'd been waiting for my paycheck before paying the 2nd half bills.  I forgot that one normally comes due before my paycheck gets here.  I'm really frustrated at myself for that.  I can probably call them and get the late fee reversed as I only paid a day late and I'm not normally late.  I'll call them during the week next week.  I'm trying to bring my credit score up though and that won't help.  What I really need to do is to put about $600 in the checking account and just leave it sit there so I can have automatic payments happen for all the accounts.  That way there wouldn't be any forgetting or missed timing.  It seems right to do from that angle, and wrong from other angles...  $600 paid toward the highest interest card (instead of sitting in the checking account) could stop a lot of interest.  Well, and I don't have an extra $600 to put in the account.  So, it's just theory.  I'll have to think about it.  If it's really what I want to do, I could put some money toward it every month until I get to that point.

I've got one paycheck that's late, which has caused some juggling.  It's coming though, so I'm not worried.  I'm going to juggle money to pay today's bill.  I can take $60 cash back from my Walmart credit card and not have any interest or fees on it as long as I pay it within 30 days of the statement.  That's a really nice thing they do.  I've used it before to make immediate payments on something.  So, I'm going to go to Walmart, I'll look for the metal strips I've been wanting for the walls, get the $60 cash back, put that into my checking account and pay my bill...  on time!

I'm researching buses to Walmart.  It seems easy enough to get there.  They say it will take a little over 1/2 half hour by bus (actually 5 minutes on the bus and 20 minutes or so walking), or I could walk in 51 minutes.  Google Maps really does NOT know how slowly I walk! - giggle!  Though I probably could get there by scooter in that time.

Hey, wait!  I almost forgot!  I have a bike in the garage for just this kind of thing!  I should try out riding my bike there!  It's sprinkling a little and looks like rain, but I think it will be OK.

The trip to Walmart was easy enough!  I'm paranoid about chaining my bike up anywhere, but you have to trust sometime and I can't use the bike for errands if I never leave it anywhere!

They don't have the metal strips I want for putting pictures up on the walls.  I'm buying an extra bike chain.  This bike has quick release wheels.  My bike chain isn't quite long enough to go through both wheels at some of the bike stands.  I figure I can chain the two chains to each other and that way have both wheels chained.  That should work anywhere.

I'm also buying some Mucinex.  I don't want to use it, but I'm getting concerned about going to the retreat on Palomar mountain next weekend if I still have a sinus infection.  I don't want to be in pain!  One of my yoga students is a nurse.  I remember her saying that the Mucinex they keep behind the prescription counter works terrifically.  I figure I can get it now and then take it in a day or two if I still have a problem.  Either way, it seems like a good thing to have around.

Wow!  How funny!  It turns out you can get anything at Walmart!  There's a machine in the entrance that will engrave id tags.  I'm getting a heart tag for the cat for $4.  You get to watch the engraving happen!  I love the way it pushes the tag out when it's done.  I may have to come back again for another tag, just to watch that!

I'm going back a different way than I came.  That way I can pass by Chase and deposit the money.  I think I'm also going to stop at the 99 cent stores.  I'd love a couple more of the fold up baskets I got at the Dollar store the other day.

This is requiring more trust.  There aren't bike racks in the front of the stores.  There aren't even bike racks in the back.  There's an iron fence a couple of bikes are chained to.  I'm chaining my bike to it too.  There are some stores back here, but mostly it looks like a place that once was teaming with life.  It's sad.  I wish there was a way to re-vitalize this area.  There's a lovely fountain.  I think it would be amazing to have it happily teaming with life again!  There's even this odd shaped building in the center.  I wonder what it was for?  It looks like it might be used for storage or something now, but it would make a perfect Santa House or something like that.  I bet it was wonderful when this place was more alive.  The other bikes here have heavier chains on them then mine.  I'm reminding myself that to make places safer you have to first and foremost be aware and act when you see anything suspicious, but you also have to take the chance and trust.  If everyone lives in fear than nothing is ever safe.  You do what you can to help keep honest people honest and then you trust.  The more people who trust and go out and act on that trust, the more safe a place is.  Trust is one of the blessings I can give, one of the blessings I have to give.  I leave my bike chained up and go off to search the dollar stores.

I didn't find the folding baskets at either store, but I was shopping for awhile and my bike was fine!  Yay!

The movie house here is showing the movie "Brave."  I'd wanted to watch that!  Hey, it turns out they only charge $2 if you come before 2pm, and it's $1.50 all day Tuesday!  I'll have to come watch movies sometimes on Tuesdays!

It's really nice to be able to come and go on my schedule, not have to think about catching or not catching a bus.  I'm ambling home, exploring a bit.  In a parking lot there's this car all decorated up for Halloween.  It might have been part of the Halloween parade that went on today.  It's gorgeous!







No comments:

Post a Comment