2.10.12

Tuesday - 10/02/12

Tuesday - 10/02/12

I had planned on focusing on posting eBay items today. Everything else happened.

John, the maintenance man was here at the property. I needed to spend time with him and then went to home depot with him to purchase the items he needed. It's good because I know things are getting done the way I want them done. It took up a lot of time though.

First thing when he saw me, he told me it was his birthday. While we were at home depot I went off and bought an amaryllis bulb kit for him. Then, gave it to him when we got back. It's good to have happy things on your birthday.

When we left home depot John saw a lady with a sign asking for money. He said she is a gypsy from Romania He is Romanian he said they don't work, they steal and beg. He says the US gave a lot of them papers to come in, because they were being persecuted (for cheating and stealing.)

Now I'm preparing the deposit for villa Tuscany. Once I get it done I'll have to take off for the bus.

The cat knows I'm leaving. He's been playing all morning with packing paper I left on the floor for him. Now, he's hiding. It doesn't matter. I'm going to leave him loose in the apartment. I think I'm done closing him in the bathroom.

On the 460, I sit down in almost the last seat. I'm sitting next to an Asian woman. She has a suitcase, with lax tags on it. After awhile she asks me if I could tell her where the Disneyland exit is. That one's easy! I tell her it's the very last stop and the driver will make sure she gets off.

I'm waiting at the stop for the 29. There is a Chinese lady here. She's watching for the bus I tell her it won't be here for about 6 minutes She asks me how far this bus goes. I show her the map the octa has posted that says the bus goes all the way to the ocean. She says she lives around here and is going to go down to the ocean and then come back. She says she was a missionary in china for many years.

On the bus I'm sitting next to the cutest little kid. He's eating (or actually playing with) a granola bar. He has light, curly hair, and a sparkling smile. He wants to talk with me, but doesn't speak English. He's too young for much anyway. He keeps dropping the granola wrapper and having me pick it up. The Indian lady sitting next to him doesn't seem to be paying much attention to him. Across from me is the rest of the family. None of them seem to speak much English. The boy holds up a sign to me. I think it's something he found and laugh. It's a very crinkled piece of paper asking for money. The woman next to him is teaching him to say "please.". After they get off, some of the passengers start talking about them. Apparently they were passing around a paper asking for money or food. The granola bar the boy had been eating had been given to them by a passenger. Another had given them his bus pass. I hope they didn't take offense at me laughing. I had thought he'd just found the paper!

Mary wrote and asked if I wanted to borrow her car this weekend. She'll be riding her motorcycle. I kind of want to, but don't really need it and it might be more hassle to pick up and drop off then the benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment