16.7.12

Monday - 7/16/12 - An American In Paris

Monday - 7/16/12

I didn't sleep well last night. I'm not sure why. I worked on reports till late. Even after that I couldn't sleep. Then, once I did get to sleep it was time to get up. I'm moving slowly.

I'm planning on going to Movie Monday Nights at the Segerstrom center tonight.  They have play a free movie on the outside of their building on Monday nights through the summer.  I went to most of them last year and really enjoyed it.  I don't know how it will be tonight.  I'm really tired and it will be very late by the time I get home.  I want to do it though, maybe just to prove I can.

Last year I had it all figured out.  I'd bring a picnic blanket, spread that out on the concrete, spread my sleeping bag on top of it (you need some padding), sit and eat dinner and then lean a pillow against my rolling box (how I transport things when walking,) lay back and watch the movie.  Then, when it got cooler out, I'd climb into the sleeping bag and be all nice and comfy.  It was a great system!  I'm not sure how this year will go.  I'm doing without the car, which means doing without the rolling box, pillow, sleeping bag, etc...

You know, the one sleeping bag I dug out for the drive-in is in a bag that has straps.  I could tie it to my backpack.  I'd look funny going down the road with it, but it would be nice to have it along.  I decide to do it.  I'm bringing a sleeping bag.  The movie time will be better!  I also figure maybe I can catch a nap there on the concrete before the movie.  I'm going to need it by then.

I'm at the Yoga Center.  It worked!  I made it the whole way with no problems.  I can take a sleeping bag with me!

I stop at Mother's Market on the way to Avalon to pick up something for lunch and for dinner tonight.  It's nice that Avalon lets me go in early and hang out there.

I'm at Avalon I've decided to go ahead and log and deposit the checks for this week.  That way I won't worry about it tonight.

I've got all the checks logged in now.  I just need to go down to Harbor, catch the 43 bus to the bank, catch the next 43 bus back to Harbor and come back.  Simple!

It's time to leave for the movie!  I'm excited!  Trying something new is fun!  I checked Google Maps earlier.  I can go almost door to door by taking the 71 to the 57!

At the Segerstrom center it's already packed.  It's a popular event.  I find a space up front, spread out, and have dinner.





No comments:

Post a Comment