20.7.12

Friday - 7/20/12 - Social But No Movie

Friday - 7/20/12

The cat got out of the cone collar again.  I'll put it back on her before I leave.  Hopefully she doesn't really need it.  I'm not going to be able to keep it on her.   She got that off in less than 3 hours!  I was too tired last night to prep anything for this morning.  I'm taking all the sleepover stuff out of my backpack and hoping I remember everything I need for today;  water, bank deposits (for both jobs), hat, book, paper, pens...  

I forgot I sold some incense sell on eBay!  I'd like to get that in the mail this morning.  I guess I have time to pack and ship it.  Heading to the garage for it now.

I must have left my earbuds at Tracye's.  I can't find them or the backup set I had either!  There's my folding headset.  I'll have to use those.  The sound with the earbuds is so much better, but some sound is better than nothing!

I think the cat's getting the collar off by using the hinge on the bathroom door.  Every time I find the cone it's right near there.  I'm moving the toilet paper holder over in front of the hinge.  I don't think that'll keep her from getting it off, but maybe it'll slow her down.   I put the cone collar back on her, lock her in the bathroom and get ready to leave.

I'm a little bit late.  Rather than worry about being on time I'm heading to the alternate stop.  I know I'm on time for that one.

The world's beautiful this morning!  The sky seems clear and clean.  Even the sprinkler puddles on the sidewalk are lovely.

All the empty seats here on the 460 are near the back of the bus.  The very back is totally empty.  I decide to sit on the very back bench.  I've never done that before.  It will be fun!  The way this bus is arranged, this back area is almost a party area.  There's the back bench, then on either side of it a bench facing in.  You could have your group sitting here and everyone could still talk and enjoy each other.  Of course if it isn't a group, it could just be awkward.

Wow!  I just walked off the bus at Disneyland, turned and looked behind our bus and there was the 43!  What timing!

This bus has more center facing seats than I've seen on one bus before!  I think it's interesting there are so many different internal styles of buses riding around.  It's like they've experimented with the seating for years and then all the experimental ones just stay in operation. I think most people prefer forward facing seats. Over the months I've watched a lot of people move from those center facing seats to a forward facing one when they get a chance, yet it feels like the buses are moving toward more center facing seats.  How interesting.

Wow.  I just noticed. This bus doesn't have the electronic readout saying the date and time and what stop is coming up.  It just has a "stop requested" readout.  It doesn't look like an old bus, but maybe it is.

An older gentleman beat me to pulling the cord for my stop.  Then, he immediately stood up with his bag.  The stops a couple blocks away.  I wonder if he meant to get off at the last stop?   We were just barely past it when he pulled the cord.

Yep.  He's giving the bus driver an earful about taking him blocks farther than he wanted to go.  I hear her say he could have told her what stop he wanted off at, right before I walk out.  I feel sorry for her.  She did what she was supposed to do.

This is the stop I've adopted.  I take out my disposable glove.  I'm going to pick up trash until I see the bus coming.  I wish people wouldn't drop their cigarette butts on the ground.  After the paper from the cigarette dissolves, the white puff from the filter's left and doesn't bio-degrade, or at least not any time soon.  The ground's covered with them.  It's a sad sight.

The Yoga classes were great!  I load my backpack and scooter into Beth's trunk and we go to Mother's for lunch.  I'm going to have their new Jamie's burger again.  I liked it last time!

It's so nice to sit and talk with Beth.  It's been ages since we've gotten together.  I've missed her!  She thinks her Dad might adopt the Momma cat.  That would be great!  Apparently she's wanted him to have a cat.

It's time for me to go to work.  Beth drives me to Avalon and we say goodbye.

I'm making sure all our ads are up and current as I've got an apartment to rent.  The phone is unusually silent.  That's not a good sign.

Mary and I are going out to dinner and then to see the new "Ice Age" movie tonight. I'm excited.  I've been wanting to see it!

It's 5:30.  A couple just came in.  They want the apartment I have for rent.  The more I talk to them, the more they seem like they'd be good tenants and be a good match for us.  Why couldn't they have come in earlier?!  They're sitting here filling out the applications when Mary comes in.  She sits down at the other desk and starts reading.

Running credit checks and going through everything with prospective tenants takes a lot of time.  I'm finally done, but it's 7:15.  Mary says there isn't time for us to eat dinner and see a movie.  I agree and assume we'll be skipping dinner and going to the movie, or eating afterward.  Mary assumes we'll skip the movie and just eat dinner.  Oops!  Well, I'm the reason we're running late and Mary's the one who has a long drive home afterward and she already looks tired.  So, I change my choice.  We're going to eat dinner tonight and watch the movie some other time.  I can feel inner grumblings about that.  I really wanted to watch the movie, but I know it's the right thing to do and I'll get to the movie soon.

We've decided to go to an Indian restaurant called Neel Kamal in Buena Park.

We're ordering, asking about the combination plate and if we can use the entertainment card for that.  She says the restaurant is under new management so we can't use the entertainment card, but since this is our first visit she'll give us the discount anyway.  That's so nice of her!  I'll definitely be back!

Smart and Final's right next to the restaurant.  We stop in there for groceries.  Mary needs frapichino mix.  I need cat litter!

At my place, Mary drops me off and we say goodbye.  I let the cat out of the bathroom.  She still has her collar on!  Blocking the door hinge worked!  I'll take it off of her for awhile before bed.  That will give her some time to stretch and eat comfortably.





No comments:

Post a Comment